Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lost my dog :(

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
My eldest daughter is a sod for coming in and leaving gates/doors open she came in last night shortly after school she had been playing out came in left the front gate open then the front door then the kitchen door and out shot my dog.

She has donr this about 3 times now im always blooming telling her. Anyway normaly max comes trotting back after about 30 mins and as i had the 2 lil ones with me it wasnt a case of being able to jump up and go straight out after him.

I sent my eldest lad who is 10 out with his lead to fetching back but he couldnt find him i live on an estate with lots of big grass open areas and he just usualy has a trott around and comes back in.

Thia was at 4pm yesterday he still isnt back i went round all over yesterday and last night up untill it was dark cant find him anywere ive printed off posters this morning the kids have taken them to school and the wife is going to the local shops lamposts etc.

Ive rang the police,rspca and im ringing round local shelters atm been told to ring locla council for the dog warden too don't know what else to do.

I just hope he hasnt been knocked down or some twat has grabbed him.

That's horrible.

More often than not, they will turn up.

I work on a high street, and routinely take dogs to the vet to check to see whether they are chipped.

Keep trying the local dogs home, Vet, dog warden, and police station.

It's also the 'time' of the year when doggies want to get jiggy, and end up looking for love.

Good luck.

That's horrible.

More often than not, they will turn up.

I work on a high street, and routinely take dogs to the vet to check to see whether they are chipped.

Keep trying the local dogs home, Vet, dog warden, and police station.

It's also the 'time' of the year when doggies want to get jiggy, and end up looking for love.

Good luck.

Some good advice there, he is castrated so shouldnt expect him to be frisky but you never know. Just rang local wardens nothing there,blue cross also nothing but they have taken my details.

Sorry to hear that m8, my old dog used to be the same whenever the frontdoor was open, she would make a run for it, she always used to come back after a hour or so, but then 1 day she ran out the door, we went looking for her and no sign, then 3 days later got home and she was on the front garden as if she had been nowhere lol, so there is always hope m8. BTW what type of dog is it?

He is chipped?

Even though he has been fixed, part of the behaviour still persists, even if it is lessened by the procedure.

My bitch has started rolling in shit, the classic sign of the mating season, even though she has been 'done'.

hopefully he'll be back soon enough m8... when i read the title m8, my initial thoughts were had died so im slightly relieved that he's lost if u know what i mean..

Sorry to hear that m8, my old dog used to be the same whenever the frontdoor was open, she would make a run for it, she always used to come back after a hour or so, but then 1 day she ran out the door, we went looking for her and no sign, then 3 days later got home and she was on the front garden as if she had been nowhere lol, so there is always hope m8. BTW what type of dog is it?

big golden labrador retriever m8 soft as a brush and twice as dopey but a stunning dog and full peddigre which ofc worries me as they are mor desirable for some one to take.

Yeh good luck on his return m8 mine went missing for 2 days once then the kennels rang with good news hope it works out m8.

I hope he comes back soon m8.The last time my dog got out i ran the streets for hours looking for her and give up then a neighbor's kid called in with her.

If its any consolation pal I recently reunited a dog with its owners who said she had been missing for a week. The kids had been distraught and were so happy to see her.

All I am trying to do is show that it may take a while but don't give up hope.

Those people here who love their pets know how you must be feeling.

Good luck pal.

:)

Hope he turns up mate, bet he's lying under a bush with a right old huff one :) Good Luck.

Im really sorry to hear about your dog, fella.
My dog past away 18mnths ago and i spent 2days crying like a baby.
He was a 100% mutt, a crossbreed between a labrador and German Shepard and was jet black.
His name was Zak and he was the coolest dog i have ever had.
Anyway on the plus side, he went missing for 3days in 2002 and i was climbing the walls with worry.
I did the same as you and it was the RSPCA who finally got him 5miles from home.
He had been chasing a dog on heat and spent a day howling at the persons door.
Luckily they contacted the RSPCA and because they had my details i got him back right away.
Although i was raging at the stupid mutt, i could not stop hugging him when i got him back.
If you dont hear anything in a couple of days it might be worthwhile getting some missing posters made up and laminate them, then tie them to lamposts.
Would be a good idea to put a little reward on the posters, then all the kids might get involved.
I hope you get him quickly as i know how it feels, its like one of the family.

Thanks for all the replys been out posting posters in the local area and im going to the river side later around tea time when everyone is walking there dogs with posters to hand out see if anyone has seen him.

My main worry is he has gone in the river and got into difficulty he is a crazy swimmer loves the water you can't keep him out of it or get him out of it when he is in :)

Sorry to hear about your dog going missing mate, they do usually turn up a few days later with a bruised ego..

I'd try all the usual spots that you take him to, I found my dog this way many years ago when he bolted and ran to the park. Have a word with the park warden whilst you're at it just in case.

Best of luck, hope you find the silly mutt.

Hi M8,

Sorry to hear about ya dog,ive been in the same boat,they usually come back,last time mine went missing it was overnite and in s/ones house in the next road they knew it belonged to me but wasnt sure where i lived,hopefully s/ones done the same.....

good luck sargie keep us posted

Sorry to hear about it mate. Must be gutted.

As everyone has said don't lose hope, he'll return when he's had enough of exploring.

Keep us posted mate.

:)

Back