Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

lord of the rings extended edition blu ray

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Anyone got this at all?

thinking of buying but would like some idea if its worth buying

i do love the lord of the rings

someone convince me to go to tesco's and let them relieve me of nearly 50 quid

The extended edition should be on any fans list. I'm still browsing everyday to try and get the blu ray version for as low as I can get it. It doesn't come down below £40. I can max pay £30. I have the standard cut in blu ray which I got for a £10. So, the ext edition being 5x more makes it ridiculous.

There are extended BDrips (720p & 1080p) on bit torrent sites which I downloaded myself.
I bought the 3 special extended DVD gift set (Argonath statue, Gollum in the fish pool & Minas Tirith) years before the Blu Ray format was launch in 2006, I think at the time they were £35 each!

Yeah they are worth the buy!

You should see how golum looks in the new hobbit film, went to watch it on the IMAX 3D and from the 1st lord of the rings to this, he looks loads better! He's more life like, and doesn't look like he's been CGI'd.... If that makes sense...

Jordan

can't believe that the first film is now 11 years old ! And definitely worth getting the extended editions. The battle of Minas Tirith is still amazing

i went to see the hobbit in 3D and loved it,now its starting to tie up with lord of the rings

i went to see the hobbit in 3D and loved it,now its starting to tie up with lord of the rings

Same here, I watched a high frame rate version aswell which made the moving scenery look amazing, I still think people look a bit unnatural though With high frame rates

Same here, I watched a high frame rate version aswell which made the moving scenery look amazing, I still think people look a bit unnatural though With high frame rates

Especially the first 15 minutes or so in the borrow. But once the action got going you soon forget about it

I'm not sure what this is.... Where can you watch these?
I went to Sheffield cineworld, and watched it on the IMAX screen....

Jordan

I'm not sure what this is.... Where can you watch these?
I went to Sheffield cineworld, and watched it on the IMAX screen....

Jordan

It was just in my local vue cinema, there's the hobbit and the hobbit hfr basically it just makes everything smoother (like if you have a 100hz TV) so with added frames everything is smoother and faster looking but like I said above, certain scenes with the characters look like they are moving unnaturally fast but you do get used to it and the fast moving scenes with lots of scenery look fantastic!

It was just in my local vue cinema, there's the hobbit and the hobbit hfr basically it just makes everything smoother (like if you have a 100hz TV) so with added frames everything is smoother and faster looking but like I said above, certain scenes with the characters look like they are moving unnaturally fast but you do get used to it and the fast moving scenes with lots of scenery look fantastic!

Ah I've never seen that before, I don't think ours do that.

Gollum looks loads better doesnt he.... 11 years ago, he looked a little bit fake.

Jordan

Ah I've never seen that before, I don't think ours do that.

Gollum looks loads better doesnt he.... 11 years ago, he looked a little bit fake.

Jordan

If it was on imax then I think its 48fps. You will pretty much know within the first couple of minutes if its fps or not because as mentioned everything looks more realistic.

If it was on imax then I think its 48fps. You will pretty much know within the first couple of minutes if its fps or not because as mentioned everything looks more realistic.

No it wasn't mentioned at all. I think each cinema is starting to bring something different. There is another cineworld not too far from me that has the Dbox seats, but they don't have IMax.

Jordan

Just checked and there are some iMax which are showing in 3D but not 48fps. Bloody confusing all the options.

The extended edition should be on any fans list. I'm still browsing everyday to try and get the blu ray version for as low as I can get it. It doesn't come down below £40. I can max pay £30. I have the standard cut in blu ray which I got for a £10. So, the ext edition being 5x more makes it ridiculous.

They're out of stock, but they're on the Asda site at £10 each. Use Quidco for 2% cashback.

Back