looking to buy

l66hod

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post if not can admin put in correct location.

im looking for a system for home.. in Derbyshire..

what do you all recommend... I done a bit of reading and not sure if I go the Linux route or not.

what im looking for is mainly sport..

any help would be great.

hi all, not sure if this is the right place to post if not can admin put in correct location.

im looking for a system for home.. in Derbyshire..

what do you all recommend... I done a bit of reading and not sure if I go the Linux route or not.

what im looking for is mainly sport..

any help would be great.

It really depends whether you want to play around with the box or just have a box to watch tv. If you like playing around and testing different plugins (sort of like apps on a smart phone) then go for a linux box.
If you just want a box that you just watch tv on then non-linux box e.g. Technomate TM5402HD.

which ever box you purchase either Closed Source or Linux both will need some interaction from the user one time or another if not to keep the channel list up to date but also maybe firmware & Keys.

I have yet to come across a receiver that needs nothing doing to it apart from the official Sky HD receiver.

to the OP i would seriously invest in a motorised system to future proof yourself and if you do like to tinker then a Linux Enigma2 receiver is the way to go.

Looking to get a new box. Used the search to see which is the best way to go. Reading the above, I am happy to stay with Linux. Is DM800HD still the best Linux/Enigma receiver?

I've got two Vu+ boxes, and can't fault them, set them up with Openvix and just leave them.

Looking to get a new box. Used the search to see which is the best way to go. Reading the above, I am happy to stay with Linux. Is DM800HD still the best Linux/Enigma receiver?
Far from the best it's old now but still works, you would be better looking at a VU+ receiver but that's my opinion.

dmm boxes are old now.

Are you looking for sat, cable or both?
Do you need support for hdd?

Back