looking for nice tablets

ozzzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking for nice tablets for my son around 10 inch the apple ipad will brack the bank around £150 to £200
thanks

no contest, Advent vega refurbished, can be picked for around £140 and then you just need to apply one of the custom ROM's out there.

yes it has to be the vega running vegacomb 3.2 just got one and ordered 5 for work mates, very easy to upgrade to vegacomb from the base rom which comes with the unit. only draw back is a low internal memory but there's a work round that too just download the free app, app2sd and send all the apps to run from the micro sd card. So grab a bargin while you can.

I'd consider the Archos 80 G9, they do an 8" for £199 or 10" slightly more

id recommend the archos 80 g9 its a lovely little tablet and a very reasonable price too!

hxxp://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/archos-80-g9-pc-tablet-8gb-11434093-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63
this you talking about

OR take a look here also a very easy to follow guide to putting vegacomb on the device. tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/1734-vegacomb-moddedstock-installation-guide.html

Just bought 2 of these for kids xmas pressies, £130 from hmv, gonna have a play tomorrow with rooting and adding market, store display seemed pretty decent so fingers crossed

having played with this for a few days I cant really fault it for the price, screen, sound etc. seem fine, have added market but unable to root due to being on new FW. I think my lad will be happy Xmas morning so that's all I'm after

work colleague got this from HMV at 130 quid ... now he wants to send it back because HD 720p is very jittery . amy custom roms he can try to fix this

reading up you need to install SDE from archos, which voids your warranty, you can then install a custom rom, ukdroid being 1, not many about though and not sure if it will sort problem. also apparently the SDE leaves a marker on the system so they know it's been messed with

[HOWTO] Root easily your Gen8 device [fw 2.0.71 - 2.4.65] + R/W FILESYSTEM - xda-developers

Got my advent vega a couple of days ago. Once I installed 3.2 firmware its been real bargain. I have the flytouch3 and frequently use a transformer. Its about 90% of the way there to a transformer (aside from the screen resolution). It's better then the flytouch3, more responsive with its dual core CPU and touch screen is nicer to use being capacitive (though has a worse viewing angle). 1080p mkv and mp4 playback is no problem with either the built in player or rock player and market place works fine with 3.2 ROM.

Not perfect, I've come across a few apps that don't work and it sometimes closes apps for no reason.

I've just bought a Vega for the missus, installed vegacomb 3.2 alls good except I cant get it to recognise my wifi. I know it's not the settings in the router as I had it connected on the stock firmware. Now it wont even find the network, it does find other networks though.Thought this all went too smoothly lol, any help please?

Back