looking for new router

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, im looking for a new cable router with decent signal and good strength, been looking at this 1.

Belkin N1 Wireless Cable Router F5D8231UK WIFI 300Mbps | eBay UK

now heres my problem, my laptop is N band enabled but the rest in the house are only g, would my laptop be able to use the N wirelessly and the rest use G, or would i have to set it to G only for them all to work, which if that is the case it wouldnt be worth me buying it, can anyone help me here, it will be used for 4 laptops, 2 ps3 a desktop, and also wired to my dreambox server, any help much appreciated!

router will support all modes, don't worry about it.

I've just upgraded mine so i'm flogging my old one - i wanted DD-WRT and my old one doesn't support but otherwise worked spot on, perfect working order, good nick.

u can even pick it up in town or i'll post it - i'll do u a deal ;) cost me £50

photo attached

DSCF4911.jpg

'N' Router, gave good strong signal throughout my house, less than 1 year old. Boxed as the 'wireless starter kit' but the usb adaptor that came with it i gave to a mate.

And if your interested I can vouch for ManofScience :)

arrrrrr well thats that sorted, cheers phil!

My fault, i jumped in. I hadn't offered it on here yet but was probably going to at some point but i thought it'd help hol out.

My fault, i jumped in. I hadn't offered it on here yet but was probably going to at some point but i thought it'd help hol out.
and ya did mate, fair do's we did take it to pm to sort it out so delete the thread now if you wish admin, sorry for the trouble! :proud:

Back