Logging N2 system in ireland with Dreambox

calhordas

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi peeps

1- B4re i go ahead i need to know if we have anyone here living in ireland in UPC area where N2 stream is being transmitted with R110 REVA05 cards.

2- If yes how many people here from that same area have Dreambox DM500's or clone versions.

If yes please drop a mesage here in this post

I have logging software to be used in Dreambox without having card and i can log informatoin as if i was loggin it from original sub.

So please drop some info so we can start testing

Tkxs
Calhordas

can i have this software

just for the fact of logging data from std nlt in the mainland..

as im intrested in learning this myself

am on dw 2.0 dm500c

cheerz

can i have this software

just for the fact of logging data from std nlt in the mainland..

as im intrested in learning this myself

am on dw 2.0 dm500c

If you want to log N1 Emm's (or probably N2 for that matter) its not too difficult to write your own logging software for the dreambox.

All you need, for a starter, is to follow through the dreambox image school to compile your own image. Once you have done this then you have all the tools (cross compilers etc) to be able to start making your own custom dreambox applications.

Once you have everything set up then a logging program becomes a fairly trivial exercise. Its just a matter of opening the demux device and setting up a filter on the Emm pid. Once you have the streamdata then parsing and constructing valid Nagra card Emm's is simple.

Another, relatively simple way of logging Emm's on the dreambox is to use one of the built in tools, dvbsnoop, to capture the Emm PID. Once you have this you can simply copy to a PC for offline processing using a simple bit of 'C' code to either convert all Emm's captured (unlikely you would want to do this) or to extract and convert specific Emm's meant for particular card group.

Last edited:
Back