Hotels outside London but close enough to head in

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I'd ask here as Im sure someone will have some good recommendations. I'm looking to go to London for the weekend but don't really want to stay right in the thick of it if I can help it as we plan to drive up.

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel or area which is nice, and only a short train journey (less than an hour else the misses will be onto me :)) into the big smoke please?

Thanks as always :)

Stayed at the premiere Inn in Sidcup, 30 mins train to London Train Station just over the road from the hotel so nice and convenient, but you could prob find something closer to your side of the M25

The premier inn at Ealing Broadway is great for London trips. About 15 minutes walk to train station and train journey is about 5 minutes to Paddington.

I know you said a train journey in but they where doing up a load of hotels on lambeth enbankment when we stopped the other year. It was about a 15 min walk to london eye but far enough out to avoid the real hussle and bussel. We just did a load of walking from there and the tube stop was about 10 mins away.

I always look for a Wetherspoons for a large Sunday breakfast soak up the beer. Those "Continental" breakfast's are for weirdos :)

Normally stay in Prem Inn where you can have unlimited Breakfast cooked to order

Back