Lnb zinwell problem

Jammy75

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, had trouble with a old lnb so bought a zinwell j4s quad which worked fine with one box attached, recently added another box, but, couldnt get a load of the channel on the new box. Switched the connections around at the lnb end and the channels appeared on the new box, but, I lost them on the older box. By switching to different connection, I've found a marked difference on the signal quality and strength, connection 1 gives 97 & 92%, con 2 is 87 & 74% and 3 n 4 are useless. It was dirt cheap on eBay so I think I may have a dud or could my dish be out of shape and knackering it, the dish looks good to me and has be aligned with a meter. Drives me nuts can't see one will work great, but the others dont.

the lnb is a dud m8, its like 4 seperate lnbs in one case

Just to confirm, yes its a dud m8, the 4 outputs should be very similar. You will likely find that the 3 and 4 outputs will be stuck on either low/high band or veritcal or horizontal polarity, so if you select a channel with the correct freq range and polarity, they will possibly work. It was probably shock damaged in the post or seller knew it was a dud. Once the snow comes we will see a lot more dead lnb's since people think its a good idea to give the lnb a crack with a long pole or throw something at it to clear the snow from the dish/lnb. Zinwell lnb's are dirt cheap anyway wholsale. Personally i've found Zinwell's to be reliable, the Thompson quad though is another story!

Bugger, had a feeling you we're gone say it was the LNB. Thanks for the help fellas.

Back