Liverpool News

Boss Rules Out Another Cisse Loan Switch

0506_cisse_120.jpg

Rafael Benitez has revealed that Djibril Cisse will only be allowed to leave the club next season if he's offered a permanent deal elsewhere.
The French striker spent last on loan at Marseille but Benitez says another temporary switch is out of the question.

"The situation with Cisse is clear. If another club wants him, they must buy the player. We do not want another loan," said the Reds boss.

Cisse arrived at Anfield during the summer of 2004 and has two years remaining on his contract.

-------------------------------------------------- Taffy --------------------------------------------------​

I'd like to see him at Liverpool for another season or half I believe he's pick up a bit and we do need someone and I think he will play well with Dirk Kuyt.

I believe Liverpool are busy trying to raise money with the sale of Cisse, Bellamy and Gonzalez which should come to £20m in total.

We've tabled a bid for
1) Eto'o, but he's probably staying at Barca
2) Torres
3) Tevez
in the hope one or other comes off. (I wouldn't bother expecting Henry.)

Mancini and Simao are still possibilities.

The latest on Benayoun is that West Ham rejected £1m but we haven't made an increased bid yet (unless it happened late today).

Liverpool have now offered £4.5m (a bit of a difference!) for Benayoun. The Torres deal is very close (about £26m!) to being signed. Henry won't be at Liverpool next season. The fact that we're trying to raise money from Cisse is in the news today too. Maybe there'll be some news on Thursday...

Last edited:
26 mill for torres i think thats a bit too much.. 4.5 mill for beyahoun whatever his name is a little expensive also..im sure our main target should be first a striker not torres go 4r eto and a playermaker to play behind the strikers as in my opion we lacked creativity last season when garcia was out and kewell...

Liverpool have now offered £4.5m (a bit of a difference!) for Benayoun. The Torres deal is very close (about £26m!) to being signed. Henry won't be at Liverpool next season. The fact that we're trying to raise money from Cisse is in the news today too. Maybe there'll be some news on Thursday...

West Ham are holding out for £5m for Benayoun.

Athletico are prepared to drop the price for Torres, but only if there's a sell-on clause, so that they get a large percentage of what we sell him for.

Both players want to come to Liverpool.

We're now settled on a striker, so we won't be buying Tevez (who's overpriced) or Eto'o unless something goes wrong.

Mancini is still possible, but Simao is injured (and not as highly rated) so he's second choice as things stand.

Expect one or two signings before pre-season training starts.

Carlsberg Renews Partnership With Lfc

lfc_carlsberg_379_01.gif

Carlsberg has extended its partnership with Liverpool FC as Official Club Sponsor for a further three years to the end of the 2009/10 season.
Carlsberg has been the Main Club Sponsor of Liverpool since 1992, the longest club partnership in The Premiership.

"The Carlsberg and Liverpool partnership is one of the longest and most successful in football, based on trust and mutual respect," said Rick Parry, Chief Executive, Liverpool FC.

"We share a commitment to excellence in our respective fields and we look forward to building an even stronger relationship as we move forwards."

Keld Strudahl, International Marketing Director, Carlsberg, said: "Carlsberg is very determined to support Liverpool in its ambition of continuous improving the team.

"We hope to see an even stronger performance and hopefully some more trophies in the next three years. Carlsberg's continued involvement with the club enables us to jointly build on our relationships with the international fan community.

"Also, we have great respect for Liverpool FC's new owners and are looking forward to continue our good relationship with the club and further add to the strong bond that has developed with the club, players, staff and fans over the years."

The new agreement will allow the continuation of joint marketing initiatives for the mutual benefit of the club and community, as well as to utilise the partnership internationally. As Official Club Sponsor, Carlsberg receives a significant rights package ensuring a global reach including the Far East, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe markets, as well as the core markets of Western Europe.

Double Honour For Agger

g_010507_c_h_cl_da_120_1.jpg

Danish star Daniel Agger has scooped two honours in the Liverpoolfc.tv end of season prize list including the Young Player of the Year award.
Agger pipped Javier Mascherano to win the Young Player of the Year award, and the stylish centre half also won the Premiership goal of the season award for his stunning strike against West Ham United at Anfield.

The Danish international has proved a popular figure since his capture from Brondby and the awards in his first full season at Anfield are a fitting honour for him.

well torres luks a good prospect. he is young and can still adapt unlike morientes who never managed to. i am sure benitez knows what he is doing and i look forward to us atleast challenging for the title next year!

liverpool sign a goal keeper

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_2453375,00.html

Bulgarian U21 keeper 'joins Reds'

Bulgarian side Levski Sofia have confirmed the sale of goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov to Liverpool.

The country's champions claim the Under-21 international has signed a three-year contract with an option for a further two years.
Mihaylov - 19 on Thursday - told Bulgarian sports website Sportal after passing a medical: "I have no words - this is the greatest moment of my life."
The goalkeeper, who made his senior international debut in a 5-1 defeat by Scotland in the Kirin Cup in Japan last May, is the son of Bulgarian soccer federation chairman Borislav.

Nice to see at last we are making some foray into the transfer market. But I don't know why Padelli wasn't given a fair chance??

Mohamed Sissoko has quashed doubts about his future at Liverpool by signing a new four-year contract.

The Mali midfielder admitted at the end of last season that there was a question mark about his situation at Anfield after the January signing of Javier Mascherano.

Reports had claimed that Juventus had tabled a £10million bid for Sissoko, while Barcelona were rumoured to be showing an interest.

But the 22-year-old has now put the speculation to bed by accepting a contract to stay on Merseyside until 2011.

"It was never in my thoughts to leave Liverpool," Sissoko told the club's official website.

"I read about the speculation linking me with other clubs, but I am already at a big, big club and it's an honour for me to be able to call myself a Liverpool player.

"I feel fresh and can't wait for the new season to start. I am injury-free and although I know I'll face a battle for a place in the team as we have so many great midfielders I'm prepared to fight for a position.

Latest news from various places is that Torres deal is done for £20 million plus Garcia, I liked Garcia even tough he passed the ball to the opposition more than his team mates, he has that touch of class and experience but is only a squad player so I would be happy if that is the deal.

Two proven Premiership goalscorers have become available (Henry and Bent) and Liverpool are spending more on another Spaniard who is unproven.

Hope you get this one right Rafa

Morientes, Bellamy, both failed, Kuyt and Crouch didn't get many between them.

thats true m8, kuyt hasnt got much goals, but it is his first season. bellamy i thought could've got goals but needed regular starts. As with torres not being proven, that is the case with any person bought outside of the Prem. But he has proven he is class. just hope rafa has got it right!!

Liverpool sign Spanish whizkid

By ANDREW HAIGH
June 28, 2007

LIVERPOOL have snapped up their second teen ace in two days.

Mikel San Jose, 18, will move to Anfield for a fee of around £270,000 from Athletic Bilbao.
The Spanish side earlier confirmed that young defender San Jose has signed for the Reds.
An Athletic statement said: "For us it is bad news, but Mikel has decided on the choice of Liverpool and it was impossible for us to fight against a European giant."
San Jose added: "It was a surprise for me but I have decided to accept the chance at Liverpool.
"I am very excited but now I know that I have to work more each day to get in the first team."
Kop boss Rafa Benitez also signed keeper Nikolay Mihaylov, 19, from Levski Sofia in a three-year deal.

Rafa coy over Torres talk

Rafa Benitez is remaining coy over the prospect of Fernando Torres arriving at Anfield, even if the Liverpool boss insists the club are working hard to secure new signings.

Catch the full story here

Two proven Premiership goalscorers have become available (Henry and Bent) and Liverpool are spending more on another Spaniard who is unproven.

Hope you get this one right Rafa

Morientes, Bellamy, both failed, Kuyt and Crouch didn't get many between them.

No Liverpool striker is likely to get 25-30 goals in a season because of Rafa's rotation philosophy. When Crouch was on fire he was still rotated, so I wouldn't complain that Bellamy failed or that Kuyt & Crouch didn't get many (unfortunately, I would have to agree Morientes failed).

Bellamy had played in the Premiership but it didn't mean he scored for fun for us. I agree Torres is unproven in the English Prem, I prefer players that have done the business for more than one club too, which he hasn't. Look at how Shevchenko failed last season as a warning. As for Henry and Bent, I'm certain Arsenal wouldn't have sold Henry to us if we'd asked and Bent was overpriced at £16.5m.

I think Rafa knows what he's doing.

As I understand it, the latest is that:
1) Athletico Madrid and Liverpool have agreed about £20m + Luis Garcia for Torres. They may still be discussing personal terms.
2) The offer is still on the table for Tevez, but nothing will happen until West Ham know for sure which league they'll be playing in next season. There is the possibility of a 'loan with option to buy' deal.
3) Mancini is still first choice over Simao, but that's still ongoing.
4) Benayoun is putting pressure on his bosses to accept Liverpool's offer, if they haven't already.
5) Parry is looking at making an offer for Quaresma (scored for Porto against Chelski).
6) Leighton Baines is a possible left back target from Wigan, especially if someone bids big for Riise.
7) Cisse's probably staying at OM, Bellamy is going to Villa or some other medium-sized English club and Gonzalez is likely to go to Spain.

I know there are lots of other rumours, but I think the above are more based in fact. I don't mind being corrected of course, if someone's got genuine inside information...

Kop Kids Rewarded With New Deals

prop_070426_fayc_120_1.jpg

Liverpool have rewarded five members of last season's FA Youth Cup winning squad with extended contracts that will keep them at the club until at least 2010.

Craig Lindfield, Jay Spearing, Ryan Flynn, Stephen Darby and Robbie Threlfall have all put pen to paper on the new deals and Reds boss Rafael Benitez is delighted to have secured their services for the foreseeable future.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "It is great news these five boys have signed new contracts with the club. They've got a great opportunity now to prove what they can do. They need to keep learning, work hard and show what they are capable of."

Liverpool seal Barca raid

benitez-talk.jpg

Liverpool have raided Barcelona to sign one of their prized young talents in the shape of Dani Pacheco.

The 16-year-old, nicknamed The Killer by his team-mates, was regarded as one of the best youngsters in the youth set-up at Camp Nou and only arrived as a 13-year-old from Malaga.

However, he has shunned their offer of professional terms in order to pen a three-year deal at Anfield.

Pacheco's signing is the latest in a string of youth deals tied up by the Merseyside giants in recent weeks - with Alex Kacaniklic, Marvin Purie, Mikel San Jose, Nikolai Mihailov, Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon all penning deals to join the club's academy ranks.

Barca youth coach Garcia Pimienta admitted losing Pacheco was a huge blow to the club.

"It is a great loss for the club because he is a forward with a lot of quality," Garcia told Sport.

"He has been our top goalscorer and has already played for the youth team.

"Alongside Thiago Alcantara and Gai Assulin, he is one of the cadets we had the most hope for, but nothing can be done anymore.

"Everything happened very suddenly."

The news of Pacheco's departure to England is another blow to Barca, who have lost a host of top youngsters to the Premier League in recent seasons.

The likes of Cesc Fabregas, Fran Merida and Gerard Pique have all turned their back on the Blaugrana to make the move to the English top-flight.

Liverpool's squad:
(1. Jerzy Dudek)
2. Alvaro Arbeloa
3. Steve Finnan
4. Sami Hyypia
5. Daniel Agger
6. John Arne Riise
7. Harry Kewell
8. Steven Gerrard MBE
(9. Robbie Fowler)
10. Luis Garcia
11. Mark Gonzalez
12. Fabio Aurelio
14. Xabi Alonso
15. Peter Crouch
16. Jermaine Pennant
17. Craig Bellamy
18. Dirk Kuyt
20. Javier Mascherano
22. Momo Sissoko
23. Jamie Carragher
25. Pepe Reina
26. Paul Anderson
29. Gabriel Paletta
32. Boudewijn Zenden
34. Miki Roque
35. Danny Guthrie
37. Lee Peltier
38. Craig Lindfield
39. Stephen Darby
40. David Martin
42. Nabil El Zhar
46. Jack Hobbs
48. Emiliano Insua
- Florent Sinama Pongolle
- Jordy Brouwer
- Martin Hansen
- Ray Putterill
- Jay Spearing
- Francisco Duran
- Ronald Huth
- Ryan Flynn
- Robbie Threlfall
- Scott Carson
- Besian Idrizaj
- Anthony Le Tallec
- James Smith
- Adam Hammill
- Djibril Cisse
- Godwin Antwi - on loan at Hartlepool
Plus:
1) Andriy Voronin
2) Sebastian Leto
3) Lucas Leiva
4) Krisztian Nemeth
5) Andras Simon
6) Gary Mackay
7) Alexander Kacaniklic
8) Marvin Pourie
9) Nikolay Mihaylov
10) Mikel San Jose
11) Daniel Pachecho
12) Mihail Aleksandrov

I reckon that's 60 players. I hope we manage to sell a few!

Back