LiteOn doing my head in!!!

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just successfully used a usb pro and CK3 to update a Benq firmware to LT2

I'm now attempting to do the same with a Liteon DG-16D2S 7485, but can I get Jungle Flasher to see it, can I heck!

As far as I am aware I don't need to use the Probe 3 because I already have the drive key, so I was just hoping to erase and flash, but no such luck. The drive also will not eject using the CK3

So I've updated my dash to 13599 and the firmware on the drive should now be stock DG-16D2S 02510C. I did this in the hope that I can now see it in Jungle Flasher. Nope, still can't see it

So I try and erase the flash, and it fails. I've then checked to see that the drive still works ok in the console and it's fine

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I've spent hours on this now :-(

Last edited:
u updated the dashboard to write stock fw ? i thought best to use the OFW in latest fw pack ..

u updated the dashboard to write stock fw ? i thought best to use the OFW in latest fw pack ..

Yes, I have done this now, but I couldn't get it to see the drive before flashing to stock, to flash it back the the OFW

did u uninstall ata via drivers after doing your benq drive ?

Have you got latest jungleflasher, read somewhere it wont work with lt2 unless you have latest.
i flashed my liteon to lt2 with latest jungleflasher and had no problems

I'm using JungleFlasher 0.1.88 Beta (280).

Can't get the drive to be present. If I try and erase the flash anyway I get:

Sending Lite-On-Erase request to port 0x0000

Drive returned Status 0x80

Device Intro failed!

If I send an Intro/Device ID I just get ...........................................................

Try turning the drive off and on while it`s trying to intro or failing that open and close the tray while intro`ing

Powering off and on while doing an Intro makes no difference

Drive is not ejecting using the CK3 eject button

:-(

Well I'm only using the CK3 for power, so I was thinking it is more likely a USB Pro issue. But as said, it works fine with a Benq

With you saying it wont eject , i presumed it would be the ck3 as it ejects through that.

im having same problem what was the power issue

My problem was that the CK3 wasn't allowing power to get to the drive, because I hadn't enabled the Liteon button on the wand. It was an error on my part

usbpro ck3i .not showing in drive properties and give status 80 have got key already tried intro, tried erase, tried writing .have tried on benq and setup works ok .drive opens and closes but quite quick and some times only halfway think ill try using dos to see if that helps

Sounds like the same as what I had.

Do you have a wand for the Liteon on the CK3i?

Does it have a button on it?

Back