Linkseys wirless problem

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi

ive got a linkseys wirelss modem/router upstaires working fine, ive got a linkseys network card downstairs to my other pc, but i cant seem to connect downstairs. I get the message "CANNOT ASSOCIATE WITH ACCESS POINT" What is wrong, ive uninstalled and reinstalled bothe modem/router and network card but still get the same message, any help guys...cheers

R U Using XP?

can the remote computer see the wireless network?

davtor said:
R U Using XP?

can the remote computer see the wireless network?
yes xp, no it cannot see the wireless network.

does your laptop detect the card? i have one that wouldnt detect my linksys wireless adapter

sargieboy said:
does your laptop detect the card? i have one that wouldnt detect my linksys wireless adapter

The problem is thus, ive got a linksys wag54gs modem/router upstairs hooked to my pc, this is working perfectly...the problem is that the pc downstairs has a linksy wirless usb network adaptor installed, now when i installed that usb adaptor it worked fine and found the modem/router upstairs, however after logging off or switching of both computers for the night and going back on them, ive found that the one downstairs cannot link up with the modem/router upstaiers, hence i get that message "cannot associate with access point" i then have to manually go into the usb network adaptor and click connect and search for the network, it then starts to work until the same thing happens again.......i thought it was the fact that i was using firefox as my internet explorer, went back to internet explorer, but still getting the same problem....i also created a passphrase which i thought might help my security before i set everything up,i have disabled this option in the modem/router congiguration page, but still get the same problem...i think the problem may be something to do with WEP..any help...cheers

for testing purposes disable all security, then on the computer that is not connecting go to device manager, select the usb network card and delete it. Reboot the computer and then reinstall the driver for the device, if that fails then go in to the wireless properties and set the option to allow windows to control the wireless device

Let me know how it goes

Capdan

capdan said:
for testing purposes disable all security, then on the computer that is not connecting go to device manager, select the usb network card and delete it. Reboot the computer and then reinstall the driver for the device, if that fails then go in to the wireless properties and set the option to allow windows to control the wireless device

Let me know how it goes

Capdan

ok mate will try that and see what happens, i was thinking of returning the item back to where i bought it from and try netgear.

Back