iPhone Limera1n or greenpoison

dusty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all been trying to use both on 3g version 4.1(8b117) baseband 05.14.02 but both dont seem to work any ideas

hi mate have you at any time saved your shsh blobs and what errors are you getting when trying to use either jailbreaks , make sure you are using the latest versions of both

i had a nitemare doing this with both.

Gets to DFU mode did nothing...

what you need to do is use redsn0w 0.9.6

load the 4.1 fw as downladed from apple
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

then follow the redsnow through. and will JB straight away..

see attached :)

oh and as biffo said make sure you save your shsh blobs :)

Hi biffo no its a new phone changed by apple on sunday

what errors are you getting mate are u following the guides and its saying your jailbroken was successful or is nothing happening ?

Last edited:
Hi Biffo
On linmerain it just sits on in DFU mode please wait and green poison just try again

Hi Biffo
On linmerain it just sits on in DFU mode please wait and green poison just try again

Right mate ive just successfully jailbroken 1 of my iphone 3g on 4.1 as what you are on but i used a different methed this time i used redsn0w as posted by neorage so download the redsn0w attached in neorage post , and download your original ipsw 4.1 from Here
if your running windows vista or win 7 right click and open redsn0w as admin once open
pic1-4.png

then once you have downloaded your ipsw from the link above , hit the browse button and look for your ipsw file click on and follow the on screen instructions seemed to go very smoothly for me let me know how you get on mate

Ok now it gets so far and then crashes

as posted in my post if you have updated your iphone via itunes the ispw is located ..

C:\Documents and Settings\**USERNAME**\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

just replace **USERNAME** with your computers username

and then you should be all good to go..

i had hours of appemps with both egreen and lime found redsnow the onley to work

good luck mate

Got right fw as redsn0w goes to transferring jb data it then crashing shut all programs down and it went a little bit further

ive just tried it on another pc mate and it came up with stopped working and crashed , all i did was use another pc mate and it worked its trial and error im afriad , some dont have probs some do

Nope tried all aways will try when i get home

try right clicking and put on xp compatability mode then run as admin

used my laptop at home worked a treat thanks all just need to wait till i can open all networks now

Right mate ive just successfully jailbroken 1 of my iphone 3g on 4.1 as what you are on but i used a different methed this time i used redsn0w as posted by neorage so download the redsn0w attached in neorage post , and download your original ipsw 4.1 from Here
if your running windows vista or win 7 right click and open redsn0w as admin once open
pic1-4.png

then once you have downloaded your ipsw from the link above , hit the browse button and look for your ipsw file click on and follow the on screen instructions seemed to go very smoothly for me let me know how you get on mate

hi ive downloaded from the link but it didnt give me any ipsw files?

hi ive downloaded from the link but it didnt give me any ipsw files?

if ur getting a rar file mate rather than just renaming it .rar that never worked for me , just choose to download it with google chrome it worked every time , every time i used explorer i got a rar file every time i use chrome comes out as a ipsw file try it mate

Last edited:
if ur getting a rar file mate rather than just reming it .rar that never worked for me , just choose to download it with google chrome it worked every time , every time i used explorer i got a rar file every time i use chrome comes out as a ipsw file try it mate

thanks for your help

Back