Likes System

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just to let you all know that the likes system is being worked on.

The Likes system was not a part of vbulletin but a modification that allowed you to like each post etc.

There is a security issue that could lead to XSS exploits being used, now do not panic, I have kept the database data and I am in the process of setting up a new system that will keep all our old data :)

I have also made 4 backups of our database before I removed it!

But this might take some time, the problem is I will need to update the post TABLE in the database and it has millions of rows and just that table alone is 4GB!!!

So it is a delicate procedure, please be patience :)

Thank you
Mick

Last edited:
It's OK :) I'm not going to touch anything ;)

FYI

This won't get done to tomorrow evening maybe the day after, I have to go out now.

You all remember how to post lol... you will have to post a little bit if you want to show gratitude for a post ;)

Mick

you don't realise how much you use the like button until its gone, I just went to click "Like" on you post Mick

you don't realise how much you use the like button until its gone, I just went to click "Like" on you post Mick

HAHA I tried to do the same thing

"like"

Lol...

Likes will be back tomorrow lads :)

Regards
Mick

like :)........................
You don't half miss it

Wow the amount of times I wanted to click like on this thread haha! It's a great way of showing a quick bit of gratitude when I'm on my phone :)

Regarding the Likes System:

It is coming back I am being hounded lol...

However to be transparent, I wanted to upgrade our MYSQL server so I ordered a new Server from our hosts on friday evening (I wont bore you with the details), which I jumped the gun assuming it would be setup within an hour, which is normally standard with most hosts... well this is not the case with our hosts at this occasion it will take UPTO 72 hours before that server becomes available to me... which is anytime from friday until tomorrow evening.

I would rather do this upgrade first guys then move the likes database, the POST table which DIRECTLY affects the likes system is around 4GB or more the last time I checked, and altering that table is a fecking headache believe me.

But the good news is it is coming back :)

Thanks for understanding

Mick

Thanks for the update :)

However to be transparent, I wanted to upgrade our MYSQL server so I ordered a new Server from our hosts on friday evening (I wont bore you with the details), which I jumped the gun assuming it would be setup within an hour, which is normally standard with most hosts... well this is not the case with our hosts at this occasion it will take UPTO 72 hours before that server becomes available to me... which is anytime from friday until tomorrow evening.

I would rather do this upgrade first guys then move the likes database, the POST table which DIRECTLY affects the likes system is around 4GB or more the last time I checked, and altering that table is a fecking headache believe me.

Thanks for understanding

Mick

cheers m8 for the update

Thanks for understanding

Mick

3es4.png

Is there a way to add those three buttons to the same bar as the send PM, add reputation etc?

Back