Likes System

Go on what's that then :proud:

Do we really need both? Judging by the ambiguity of peoples attempts to define both terms and their differences, wouldn't one (either) suit the purpose?

Yes if everyone wants me to remove one of them then fine :)

Mick

I think anyone with a bit of sense can define the difference. Danforth seems to be having a bit of difficulty though. Maybe that's an age thing ;)

I personally think that both should stay @Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anyone with a bit of sense can define the difference. Danforth seems to be having a bit of difficulty though. Maybe that's an age thing ;)

I agree with @IANB - sorry, I know, he usually slaps me and I normally moan at him on PM! @danforth is stirring and @VectorZ is on the voddy again lol

Erm, the local Merlot deal is sooo good!

I'm not having difficulty exactly, just my interpretations may not be the same as everyone else.

Seems to me I would "like" an opinion I agree with, a joke, a suggested course of action to solve a problem, or a link to helpful information.

A "thanks" would be more personal response to a problem I might have, or acknowledgement of an attempt to help me to reach a solution, successful or otherwise.

Still think it's the best idea since "flying envelopes" though!:Biggrin2:

I'm not having difficulty exactly, just my interpretations may not be the same as everyone else.

Seems to me I would "like" an opinion I agree with, a joke, a suggested course of action to solve a problem, or a link to helpful information.

A "thanks" would be more personal response to a problem I might have, or acknowledgement of an attempt to help me to reach a solution, successful or otherwise.

Still think it's the best idea since "flying envelopes" though!:Biggrin2:

And that's exactly what it is m8,

See I knew you were on a wind up ;)

And that's exactly what it is m8,

See I knew you were on a wind up ;)

Problem is your response fits either / both of my criteria (so you got both).:)

Now, should the "thanks" and the "add rep" buttons be combined ? They should serve the same purpose.

A wind up ? Would I ?:Biggrin2:

Too much analysis just to press a button, good job I'm not a president !

Problem is your response fits either / both of my criteria (so you got both).:)

Now, should the "thanks" and the "add rep" buttons be combined ? They should serve the same purpose.

A wind up ? Would I ?:Biggrin2:

Too much analysis just to press a button, good job I'm not a president !

The thanks button gives 3 points to Reputation
the likes gives 1 point to Reputation

Regards
Mick

@Mick can you implement this to work in tapatalk ? There used to be an option for like in the app but it no longer works since the update, no dramas if no :)

Back