LG Soundbar

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,recently bought an LG SK8 2.1 Wireless Soundbar with DolbyAtmos
Now i don't claim to know anything about sound quality,though i have owned a few high quality audio products in my time,but here is my issue,in the not too distant past i have bought 5.1 speaker setups for my pc,and tbh i was blown away by how good they sounded. This week i bought the Lg Soundbar mentioned and by god ive been well disappointed with it, i thought it would have given me the same wow factor over the internal tv speakers that the 5.1 speaker system for my pc gave me.
I had an LG soundbar previous to this one,and that was ..to be blunt.. crap as well,but this one ive bought is more than double the price,tied in with a new 4k tv im very unimpressed with the whole upgrade tbh,so the question is..? Am i missing something,is there a few settings im doing wrong/missing,or am i just expecting too much from a soundbar..? Or maybe just getting old..lol

Ps The TV is an LG 65UM7510PLA(2019 Model)

I have the LG SL9YG 4.1.2 and that not that great but is a big improvement on my LG tv speaker.
I have read you have to have the extra surround speakers to get the full effect but it will not beat a full surround sound system.
I am thinking of buying extra speakers but not sure yet.
I didn’t pay no where near the full price and glad I didn’t to be honest.
I would probably say you are expecting too much from a sound bar and would of been better off buying a proper surround sound system but I could not be bothered with having to run wires all the way around the room to be honest.

Last edited:
You might know i bought a JVC dolby atmos soundbar nearly a year ago. I was disappointed with the sound out of it too. Firstly, Not sure how the LG connects, but for mine I needed to connect the soundbar via HDMI ports on the soundbar. The only way HDMI ARC will pass along 5.1/7.1/atmos via HDMI Arc is if the TV supports ATMOS/7.1/5.1. I had intended to connect my xbox one x to it as that was capable of using ATMOS and testing it out with an ATMOS source produced good sound but I could not have HDR/4k gaming with it connected. Long story short, its now conected to my PC as 7.1 and switch to ATMOS if I'm playing a movie that supports it. I have found that the further I'm away from the bar, the better the sound gets!

Not sure if you've connected it to a blueray player capable of outputting atmos or not?

Back