Let's give it a challenge :)

few days ago i bought tm800
if

up to now it has been happy ride,
well if you had been an owner since day 1 (16 months) you may feel a little different :) lets see if you feel the same in months to come :)

you will always have DW to ask your questions and air you views when you need to though mate :)

28E full scan 4m-9 sec 1057 TV radio channels
19E full scan 4m-31sec 1482 TV radio channels
13E fullscan 3m-43sec 2033 TV radio channels
even if a little slow on some satellites is it faster then other linux boxes

I have just scanned all of above + 26E Just over 4500 services found in approx 20 minutes, although I did not use a stop watch!

The biggest delay was took a couple of minutes to start the scan on 26E.

So all good for me, anyways gonna scan some more now

28E full scan 4m-9 sec 1057 TV radio channels

Really, that 1 satellite has always taken me around 20 minutes alone (network scan Yes other 2 No)

few days ago i bought tm800
if your guessing is correct jsaw and me are liars or working in the same place

So in a few days of testing you have come to the conclusion that your box is better than everyone elses especially if you have followed abc, now where did I here that before cant seem to put my finger on it. : spook :

4m9s doenst mean nothing dr linux says abc if ur not following they wont wanna know, as long as there trader friendly boxs ar ok the other 990000 boxes are all wrong pmsl

cheers

osborne82

Really, that 1 satellite has always taken me around 20 minutes alone (network scan Yes other 2 No)

I dont think he was that far off with is 4 odd minutes on that sat mate using a meter dish here, because I noticed the post as I was scanning, and monitored it, again without a stop watch but it certainly did not take very long

If i do it on my TM600 upstairs on a fixed mini, it takes an age

while i enjoy using this box counting your wishes { wonderful forum }

1 rat well if you had been an owner since day 1 (16 months) you may feel a little different lets see if you feel the same in months to come

2 cubase well come m8 are you ready for a bumpy ride lol

3 osborn82 ru tm employee or iq team lol

4 cubase So in a few days of testing you have come to the conclusion that your box is better than everyone elses especially if you have followed abc, now where did I here that before cant seem to put my finger on it.

my box is same as everyone else
just reading from download centre and following instructions

going off subject a bit, I just noticed itv4+1 on the 800 ...... why have i not got this on my subbed HD reciever?????

Just done a couple of scans on 28.2e
single sat:28.2e
Network scan :no
clear before:yes
fta only:no

scan took 6m 10secs and only returned 991 services

As above but network scan :yes

scan took 21min 28secs and returned 1053 services
Looks like i agree with you Rat m8

any one else want to have a go and we can compare times.

Just done a couple of scans on 28.2e

scan took 6m 10secs and only returned 991 services

As above but network scan :yes

scan took 21min 28secs and returned 1053 services
Looks like i agree with you Rat m8

any one else want to have a go and we can compare times.

I didnt do my scan this way, I can say tho doing it with the network scan does slow it down as I have started your way and up to about 6 mins already and done 37%

So I assume the way I did it before did not do the network scan which would make sence

itv4+1 may be a test broadcast, and untill the software on 'official' receivers is told to show it, only 'other' receivers will be able to find it, unless you go through the 'add other channels' option on your sly box.

when youve been using forums for over a decade, you recognise things that tend to give people away, i can see things getting bumpy pretty soon lol

is it a Freesat Exclusive ?

Just found this with a google search

ITV4+1 was removed from the EPG to make way for ITV1+1. In response to a viewer's enquiry on another forum, ITV replied:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding carriage of ITV4+1 on the Sky platform.
In order to offer the new ITV1+1 service on Sky, ITV4+1 is no longer available on the Sky platform. We hope to be able to re-launch ITV4+1 on Sky in the near future. "

However, you can add it manually - 10832, H, 22.0, 5/6

Channels Found 889 Total Time 4:27.1 (using stopwatch)

Network scan :Yes
clear before:Yes
Channels Found 921 Total Time 18:23.9 (using stopwatch)

Is there any real benefit in doing the network scan..... I mean doe's anyone have any idea what channel you get extra on it.... thats not a duplicate?

Last edited:
4m9s doenst mean nothing dr linux says abc if ur not following they wont wanna know, as long as there trader friendly boxs ar ok the other 990000 boxes are all wrong pmsl

cheers

osborne82

the combination of these 2 posts has me thinking, same box yes, same Image ???? SR ?

my box is same as everyone else just reading from download centre and following instructions

Channels Found 889 Total Time 4:27.1 (using stopwatch)

Network scan :Yes
clear before:Yes
Channels Found 921 Total Time 18:23.9 (using stopwatch)

Is there any real benefit in doing the network scan..... I mean doe's anyone have any idea what channel you get extra on it.... thats not a duplicate?

Just to add I done another full scan with network on and this time I got a time of 18:24.3 with 921 - So it is consistant

Still would like to know if doing the network scan actually gives you something "NEW" you didnt already have on the non net scan

Last edited:

Look at the channels in your installed bouquets and see which have been changed to< n/a> that may give you the answer.(assuming you havent reloaded your bouquets after scanning)

looks like the network scan found 32 extra services from the results posted

Back