Let's give it a challenge :)

CG121

Inactive User
Reaction score
I suspect many of you use your TM800 with a few satellites at the most...

Not me, I've got 27 positions locked into memory (53E > 45W) and have uploaded a new 27 sat xml file (from sats-xml.eu) so let's see if it falls apart lol..

I've noticed it waits ages before it actually starts scanning the transponders, so this could take a while :(
(the dish moves instantly)

PS TM
I like the manual that came with your Super Box MK3...(aka V-Box 2)
The outer box states 99 sat position storage, the manual states 60....& we won't mention the Grammar lol)

Last edited:
How many channels can you watch m8 sorry but that post sounds like mine is bigger than yours as you assume no one else has what you have, i have a fixed dish on 28e. sorry cant help. :blushing:

How many channels can you watch m8 sorry but that post sounds like mine is bigger than yours as you assume no one else has what you have, i have a fixed dish on 28e. sorry cant help. :blushing:
After TMs "ABC" nonsense, I thought I'd check the claim to see what the TM800 would do for users with a motorised setup and a channel list to match.

Many people still have them and I certainly don't consider it any more special than a fixed dish....I wrote the post with humour in mind (note the use of the lol at the end of the line...)

This is not about how big your (ahem) dish is, this is about whether the TM800 would scan the sats a)correctly and b)without crashing..

Well, the results are in :)

Scanning sats actually went well, even if a little slow on some satellites..

I thought it was going too well, so on the 27th satellite, I first exited from the menus (as I stayed in the service scan for the first 26 sats [minus the ones I had already scanned]) and re-entered the service scan to do the last at 45W...

Then it struggled and crashed lol (green screen) telling me the crash log had been saved to the hdd...(where, I can't find it?)

Anyways, apart from being a little slow, I can report that it would've handled all 27 satellites without rebooting or crashing had I stuck to the set sat > scan > set sat > scan > set sat > scan ... so my thoughts on its ability to cope with bigger installs are.....it's fine :D

Last edited:
ftp and click HDD crach logs should be there :) enigma2_crash_
I got 2 in mine at the moment

I got a green screen yesterday, cant remember what I was doing now :err: epg I think it was

No such folder or file :(

My path is media/font or inside disk

I have internal HDD and usb in rear with picons and epg

crash data is stored on rear on mine

:err:

All I have within the "front or inside disk" folder are my recorded films..

To update on this...

Although I can report the TM800 will scan plenty of satellites, I think it's fair to say that actually switching between channels/sats while viewing TV can be something of a green screen experience....

After the [I've lost count now] crash, the TM800 was able to write some logs to the media/hdd folder..

So my final view on using the TM800 with a motorised dish.....Unless you plan to stick to a few satellites, which defeats the object really, don't bother..

I don't know what I'm more pissed about, having a box with everything on it except a decent o/s or the lack of effort by TM to release a decent o/s...

As it stands, I don't think for one second I'm being harsh when I say the software is not fit for purpose..It's too flaky and the least little thing will send it over the edge...

If you're reading this and are looking for a review from someone that's used the receiver to make the channel lists (can't get more compatible than that) all I can really say is, unless you need the wealth of outputs and are prepared to put up with regular problems like crashing and high BERs then really don't bother.

Such a shame an otherwise good product has been ruined by idiotic programmers that can't code for sh**, although the same could be said for Sky's box.. :)

Never had a crash scanning satelittes or when changing sats.I currently have four sats that i use regularly from 28.2 e to 0.8w.Change over is very smooth and reasonably quick.I agree scanning seems slow and i have had other problems but not on the 26.07.11 IQ image.I have my own channel lists and bouquets which i have used without crashing.Hate to sound like someone else but are you following ABC exactly, LOL

I also use quite a few satelites, and use the standard vhannibal motor channel list.

I usally do a manual scan on a sinle transponder, which on my old box solved a few issues, so just do it by default now

I generally find the foreign satelites work better than 28 degrees.

although for some reason I have lost signal on 16 degrees again.... but I think thats more my dish

My TM800 is also motorised, it picks up all the satellites that are available from my location, it's no worse or better than any other machine I've used to scan. Also I have never had any Green Screens when scanning.

My range is approx 33 east to 20 west.

Last edited:
CG121

Never had a crash scanning satellites or when changing sats.I currently have 17 sats that i use regularly from 45E to 30w.Change over is very smooth and very quick. scanning seems slow also my dm800se{original} as well,
26.07.11 IQ image I have done my own channel lists and FAV,list which i have used without crashing.
Don't want to sound like an idiot but have you followed A/B/C exactly,
i did it see no problem no lip cync LOL

Ru tm employee or iq team lol

cg121

never had a crash scanning satellites or when changing sats.i currently have 17 sats that i use regularly from 45e to 30w.change over is very smooth and very quick. Scanning seems slow also my dm800se{original} as well,
26.07.11 iq image i have done my own channel lists and fav,list which i have used without crashing.
Don't want to sound like an idiot but have you followed a/b/c exactly,
i did it see no problem no lip cync lol

few days ago i bought tm800
if your guessing is correct jsaw and me are liars or working in the same place

right then chaps, I have decided to create my first motorized channel list from scratch.

Was going to start it tonight, but just got back from a long drive from scotland.... and i am a whacked!

So will be making a start tomorrow or over the weekend, I may need a little help so watch the space

Just for reasons of accuracy, I did say it didn't crash while scanning (until I exited the scan menu and went back to do the last of course)

I can get it to pretty much crash on command by moving the dish to a particular channel...I suspect it's linked to the problems TM introduced with their latest effort which causes some channels to collapse with a high bit error rate..

I am also intrigued that on some satellites, the dish will move and the TM800 will sit their with 0% signal and a high BER and, without moving the dish any further, spring into life after an undisclosed amount of time to show a 90% signal and a 0 BER....

After a/b/c, I thought I'd check to see what the tm800 would do as a normal users with motorised setup and fresh
scanning of17 satellites making my owen channel list,
Many people still using channel list possibly few years old and edited in different Linux boxes certainly don't consider wasting my time reading toomany posts and not finding solution instead all i read downgrading this box I wrote the post with out humour in mind the fact of my experience with this box,

This is not about how much experience any member has about Linux this is about whether the TM800 would preform better than any clones or even original if instructions followed properly,
Well, my results and finding about this box is
Scanning sats actually was fast ,
28E full scan 4m-9 sec 1057 TV radio channels
19E full scan 4m-31sec 1482 TV radio channels
13E fullscan 3m-43sec 2033 TV radio channels
even if a little slow on some satellites is it faster then other linux boxes,, yes,, it is faster them my dm800se
tm800 has been going too well since day one,
Anyway, apart from being faster better picture , I can say that it had handled all my daily use without rebooting or crashing had I stuck to some rubbish channel list i might have had lots of bad results,
My thoughts on its ability to cope with daily use and enjoy better picture quality which is much superior then my dm800se{original}
as one member wishing me { Welcome m8 are you ready for a bumpy ride lol }
up to now it has been happy ride,

Back