Leaving Virgin

After leaving Virgin Media are You glad or was it an error and better the Devil You know.

• 1. Yes and never looked back...Bt Fttp/City Fibre/other Fibre/5G

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 2. Yes and big mistake .....Bt Fttp/City Fibre/other Fibre/5G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Stuck with Virgin but can't wait for competitor.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4. Happy with Virgin and no intention of moving.

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From April till August VM will gain a whopping £7-20 extra from Gez. That just seems petty of them and they should've left it at £39 till his contract ends.
My negotiations need to start soon. The lack of comparable competition means that VM basically has us by the balls. Think my only chance of getting a half decent deal is to drop my speed.
I've had 20 years of no alternative to virgin, but that's suddenly changed with BT and CityFibre on my street so that's what I will be negotiating with in a few months.
CityFibre seem to be laying/installing loads of stuff everywhere,so might be worth double checking to see availability. I wasn't even aware that it was available untill a van appeared outside a neighbour.

I've had 20 years of no alternative to virgin, but that's suddenly changed with BT and CityFibre on my street so that's what I will be negotiating with in a few months.
CityFibre seem to be laying/installing loads of stuff everywhere,so might be worth double checking to see availability. I wasn't even aware that it was available untill a van appeared outside a neighbour.
Already checked CityFibre but my location is Phase 2 and VM trying to buy them anyway. BT just not fast enough for me. I'm on gigabyte speed and could perhaps tolerate half that but really don't want to go below.
I remember when I used to mod the old 250 and 255 modems and was well chuffed with the 20 or 50mb speeds, lightning!!! 😂

Wife just phoned VM and was offered an automated offer of a £3 increase instead of £6 increase on our bill, but my wife went through to a representative and they froze our bill to £17 for the rest of our contract.
Only took a few minutes on the phone so definitely worth calling. Will wait to see what they offer in July when our thirty days notice is given. 🤔

I have mix tv (basic), anytime phone and 125 gig broadband, she likes v6 box because of recording 3 watching 1, £39 at moment but going up £9 in April.
Sounds like zybre is a great deal in speed maintained like vm.
I'm in a similar boat, price hike due but the missus like the V6 for all her what I call sh*te. I'm going to give them a call and call their bluff about leaving. Has anyone called and got it reduced the 9 quid ?

I'm in a similar boat, price hike due but the missus like the V6 for all her what I call sh*te. I'm going to give them a call and call their bluff about leaving. Has anyone called and got it reduced the 9 quid ?
Wife just phoned VM and was offered an automated offer of a £3 increase instead of £6 increase on our bill, but my wife went through to a representative and they froze our bill to £17 for the rest of our contract.
Only took a few minutes on the phone so definitely worth calling. Will wait to see what they offer in July when our thirty days notice is given. 🤔
Wife didn’t even mention leaving.

Back