Leaving Virgin

After leaving Virgin Media are You glad or was it an error and better the Devil You know.

• 1. Yes and never looked back...Bt Fttp/City Fibre/other Fibre/5G

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 2. Yes and big mistake .....Bt Fttp/City Fibre/other Fibre/5G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Stuck with Virgin but can't wait for competitor.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 4. Happy with Virgin and no intention of moving.

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nowuckinfurries

DW Regular
Reaction score
Just curious as to who has left Virgin for an alternative provider and opinions. Nothing to do with cost but satisfaction that you made the right choice.

In a few months I will be deciding which way to go, Stay with Virgin or go to Bt or CityFibre.

What You guys done?

Just curious as to who has left Virgin for an alternative provider and opinions. Nothing to do with cost but satisfaction that you made the right choice.

In a few months I will be deciding which way to go, Stay with Virgin or go to Bt or CityFibre.

What You guys done?
I am definitely leaving Virgin, I registered for a great deal with Zybre (One of the companies who City Fibre work with as City Fibre only lay the fibre cable and are not IPs (Internet Providers) which would double my download speeds at less than half the price Virgin are charging me.
However, it's over a month since I registered and another e-mail questioning why I have not had any conformation of the contract or date of installation. So maybe Zybre are not big enough to cope; I hope not, but I am only going to give them one more e-mail and a week to reply before I look somewhere else.

I must say Virgin is the best provider for broadband ive ever been with.
For me its 100% reliable, never had an issue. It's just the price increase each year and the battle on the phone to bring them down, i think this year it was 12%..

My next door neighbour is with TalkTalk on City fibre and he does not get the speeds he is paying for, nowhere near infact.

I dont need masssive speeds I am currently getting 30mbps on 4g which allows me to stream Netflix and some live football. Unfortunately I am out of reach of 5g at home but out and about i can get 125mbps.
I use my 3 mobile and tether everything. I pay £17.00 per month.

Gotta admit I'm a VM customer, not liking the price increase but they are , reliable, best broadband, no charges for faults and the v6 box is excellent cos you record 3 and watch 1, big hard drive, going to be difficult to match that, paying £39 but going up £9 after April.

Gotta admit I'm a VM customer, not liking the price increase but they are , reliable, best broadband, no charges for faults and the v6 box is excellent cos you record 3 and watch 1, big hard drive, going to be difficult to match that, paying £39 but going up £9 after April.
I got a V6 box with my package nearly a year ago. I disconnected it after a week. My picture was blocky as hell as if it was coming through a poor wi-fi connection rather than cable. Didn't really want it anyway but like I say part of the package.

I also have a phone but have never even plugged it into my router. There is a "free" mobile sim though which is quite handy for me as I'm a light user on my phone. Currently paying £66 a month but going up to £71 on 8th April. I don't like the price but no-one else can match the speed.

Gez, I don't know what service you've got but I'm paying £76.50 per month before next months price rise, and all i've got is 500mg and a home landline, which is why I want to leave.
Zybre offered me 1000mg and home phone but "Virtual Phone Line" which is voip for £35 per month

Gez, I don't know what service you've got but I'm paying £76.50 per month before next months price rise, and all i've got is 500mg and a home landline, which is why I want to leave.
Zybre offered me 1000mg and home phone but "Virtual Phone Line" which is voip for £35 per month
I have mix tv (basic), anytime phone and 125 gig broadband, she likes v6 box because of recording 3 watching 1, £39 at moment but going up £9 in April.
Sounds like zybre is a great deal in speed maintained like vm.

A new customer would be paying £56 for that -- you need to ring up and negotiate a new price !! :: tell them what Zybre have offered and see what they say..

VM are moving over to 'voip' - mine changes in April

A new customer would be paying £56 for that -- you need to ring up and negotiate a new price !! :: tell them what Zybre have offered and see what they say..

VM are moving over to 'voip' - mine changes in April
Phoned up going to be paying £40 80p till contract ends in August, then we haggle again 😁😁

Where did they get the 80p from?? 😂
I have mix tv (basic), anytime phone and 125 gig broadband, she likes v6 box because of recording 3 watching 1, £39 at moment but going up £9 in April.
Sounds like zybre is a great deal in speed maintained like vm.

Phoned up going to be paying £40 80p till contract ends in August, then we haggle again 😁😁
They have raised his bill £1.80 better than £9 I suppose😆

They have raised his bill £1.80 better than £9 I suppose😆
From April till August VM will gain a whopping £7-20 extra from Gez. That just seems petty of them and they should've left it at £39 till his contract ends.
My negotiations need to start soon. The lack of comparable competition means that VM basically has us by the balls. Think my only chance of getting a half decent deal is to drop my speed.

Back