Leaked FIX,And GBOX !!!!

im getting constant chirping and freezing now on all cams :S

same here got up this morning after last night changing to gbox, no epg found, changed to evocam came straight up :)

To add last night after switching to gbox noticed slight pauses in feed which has stopped now on evocam.....

Sagem Andromeda v1.2...

Last edited:
same here got up this morning after last night changing to gbox, no epg found, changed to evocam came straight up :)

To add last night after switching to gbox noticed slight pauses in feed which has stopped now on evocam.....

Sagem Andromeda v1.2...

What happens when on Gbox it you reboot DBOX ???
Test it...i am sure you will get a black screen ?
MGcam seems to work...but freezes my box very often !!

Last edited:
I have noticed too, evocamd does seem a bit stuttery now after the fix. Not as crisp as it used to be for some reason.

Seems worse when changing channels.
(yes fast zap is disabled)

I also have tried the new LAky image....Which ONLY includes EVOcamd !!!
Which proves there is deffo a problem with gbox !! (otherwise it would be included)

What do you get in your nagra file if you use gbox?

I get nothing. I have tried it on several images and various settings with the new rom file. Now I wonder if the old rom7 file would allow it update with the incorrect numbers.

Also I wonder if this did work could I rename the old 7 file 3, and enable rom3. Then this might allow nagra to generate a code. Then I can turn on evocam to get the new keys with the new 7 file, write them down and hopefully only have to change 1 digit in nagra, then change back to gbox.

They keys rolled yesterday, my mate has 2 1x sagems, they were running blade 5.0 and he thinks they did update, I gave him the new codes and he said he had to change 3 or 4 or them. I will look at his files later this week.

Rename nagrarom7.bin to rom07.b
Upload the file to var/keys and try gbox again.

is thata tested fix mgb? i'll try that tonight.

i've not noticed much probs with evocam but i haven't been watching non-fta channels to be honest

Tried to do this and my rom07.b file in var/keys is linked. Found it in emu/roms and it won't allow me to ftp it over. Have tried disabling rom07's but is this one of these kill items.

Tried to do this and my rom07.b file in var/keys is linked. Found it in emu/roms and it won't allow me to ftp it over. Have tried disabling rom07's but is this one of these kill items.

Then your Rom is not in the Var part and you will have to use Linux to modify the Image

Read my helpfile on how to or use Forum search

Tried this but still had no luck.
Anyone else got it to work?

mgb never said it was a fix to be fair, just something to try on different images

Surprised nobody has mentioned newcamd yet...

For further testing on mgb's suggestion, I think these file renames are needed:

nagrarom7.bin > rom07.b (the fixed one)
nagraepr7.bin > rom07eep.b
nagraram7.bin > rom07ram.b

Looking at the very verbose console output when gbox is fired-up in a telnet session (after a killall -q gbox command) - it looks like tweaks to the cfg file is needed, and maybe a second cfg file called softcam.cfg is wanted for external rom files, too?

Oh yeah- I can't get the fix to work with newcamd either. Maybe this has something to do with a surprise result in deep testing a couple of months ago: that newcamd happily AU'd using the OLD rom10 only setup!!

Is it possible that newcamd was partially fixed for the 25 May 07 'hit' and that this is now stopping it from working with the latest fix, I wonder?

Cheers- AL

ps- also remember that some images seemed happy with gbox alone, while others (for whatever reason) needed camd2 loading first, or gbox wouldn't work.

Last edited:
What do you get in the telnet window from gbox if you set M:{02} in gbox_cfg?

i will be watchin this post with great interest ... )))
although evocam working ok at the moment,

Hi all, sorry to crash your dbox2 thread but this is gbox related. AU is down on all windows pc dvb-c emus at the moment, I knew it was a long shot but I've been playing with the x86 (win32) version of Gbox, it's very old [v2.2] but I was hoping against hope it might AU with the fixed dreambox roms.

I've got it decoding in MyTheatre / ProgDVB using the gboxfriend client but I don't even know if gboxfriend supports EMM? (but there are a few other newcamd protocol clients with EMM support we could try). What version of gbox are you on these days? Some people are saying it does AU on dreambox etc, was this just with the rom fix or was gbox itself patched?

I've found a couple of current dreambox images, I was going to have a look at the gbox config but I can't find anything to open them with, any ideas? Anyone know of any x86 [win32] ports of mgcamd or evocamd or any other working dreambox / dbox2 emus?

Please reply once you've stop laughing... ;)

Last edited:
i,ve been running gbox with no problems, using blade trinity final version, running on vortex ucode. a couple of days ago i done my sisters, to get it up and running i initially had it on evocam, but after that switched back to gbox,running fine

i,ve been running gbox with no problems, using blade trinity final version, running on vortex ucode. a couple of days ago i done my sisters, to get it up and running i initially had it on evocam, but after that switched back to gbox,running fine

not a problem runnin gbox,..its after a reboot gbox wont update on its own.

Maybe you should check the version.
There are 2 gbox versions on the market.

Hi again,

in win32 gbox if I put the roms in /keys I get:

File ./rom11.b not found
File ./rom10.b not found
File ./rom07.b not found
File ./rom03.b not found
File ./rom02.b not found
etc

If I put them in the root I don't see that error but I don't know how to tell if its loaded then or not?

I have tried every path I can think of, where are they supposed to live?

I can't see any options in the cfg files for them.

still no luck with those emunation keys either... ;)

Last edited:
Back