LCD TV leaking ??????

carlos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 42 " LG LCD tv. sometimes it can be leaking water like fluid from the bottom vents of the tv, leaving a pool of it on the cabinet. this has happened bout 7 - 8 times now. aint losin any picture quality or nothin. Aint got a clue what it is. it normally happens when it is off, normally when i get in from work and theres the pool of water.

ANY IDEAS ????

Well i never thought of that, but it still sounds strange to me. think there might be too much fluid for it to be condensation though, but its the best explination so far. it only comes out of one side of the tv aswell though.

If its condensation, get the kids to bring home some litmus paper from school and see what the ph value is.
Do not drink until then.

I have a 42 " LG LCD tv. sometimes it can be leaking water like fluid from the bottom vents of the tv, leaving a pool of it on the cabinet. this has happened bout 7 - 8 times now. aint losin any picture quality or nothin. Aint got a clue what it is. it normally happens when it is off, normally when i get in from work and theres the pool of water.

ANY IDEAS ????

If it's under warranty take it back m8. that's not normal..

Water and electrics not a good mix mate, telephone your local tv shop and ask them about the problem. hope you get it sorted.

dont mean to sound rude,but it definatly is coming from th tv?.
a few years ago i had a prob with a leak in the kitchen but turned out to be where the missus was mopping or something down that road was so long ago,just thought about that it might not be the kids or something like that.

Did you leave it on the weather channel ?????

Cur1y

Excellent!!!

But seriously if it is only a small amount it probably is condensation.

I have a portable radio/cd player on top of my fridge/freezer and there is always a small pool - about half a teaspoons worth - of water underneath it.

No , i Aint got any pets

LOL No it wasnt on the weather channel

Kids aint been near it

Defo coming from the tv as i can feel it through the vent at the bottom.

And it is more like 10 tablespoons worth. quite a pool there.

Does this problem happen the morning after youve been on the piss?

I'll be serious for a change lol

Check the coax from thr aerial.
You can get water running inside it if there is an open connection or a split in it m8.

Un plug it from the tv and put it into a glass over night.

Cur1y

This is the only plausable explanation, old coax will let water travel down it If the cap on the actual Aerials coax connections is missing or damaged, newer coax is foam filled and this doesn`t happen.

Last edited:
i once had a problem with a plant that was very close to the TV any plants near yours

as mentioned the likley culprit will be the aerial coax, especially if its coming from one side of the telly only (the side the aerial plugs in)

ive seen this loads of times m8 in aerial leads and satellite leads, replace the cable and youll be sorted

wouldn't the reception be crap if the aerial lead is full of water?- try channel 5

i too have seen this before!!!!

usualy it is a failure in the coaxial cable,i went to a job where there was a liquid behind the tv set.

i just unplugged the coax,removed the plug (it was white with oxidisation) and sucked the coax only to get a mouth full of water!!!!!

after the repair was done( new coax feed from tv ariel with drip loop added) the woman said she had spanked her pet dog on numerious occations as she thought it had been slashing up the back of her tv set LOL :eater:

hope you get sorted m8 (no liquid should be coming from the rear of your tv)...baz

Back