Lawnmover Not Working

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well i was just cutting the grass there and my lawnmower died on me halfway through. It's an electric mower, a Bosch Rotak 32, any ideas?

Was the grass long, was the motor labouring before it cut out.
Maybe the thermal cutout on the motor,leave it too cool down and try it

No it wasn't long, i only cut it about ten days ago. Might be slightly damp though, would that affect the motor?

did the lawnmower smell when it stopped, have you check the fuse in plug (blonde thing) :) sorry only kidding

No it didn't smell, the grass is only slightly damp and the fuse is fine, i just swapped it with one from something that is working?

can only be 2 things then eva motor has gone or switch on handle playing up, but not sure how you could test them.

Well it's working now, took him all of half a minute to fix it, apparently i pulled the cable out of the switch? :err:

Since Eva's Issue has been put back into the socket ;) i might hijack the thread if ok.

I got a Mountfield M4 mower. The blade turns but does not cut the grass, now i know it is the BBC Blade Brake Clutch.

I put it into Webster's for repair and the estimate nearly blew me away. they wanted over £250 to fix, needless to say i told them not to go ahead sand collected it back.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in changing the clutch on these things also where could i get the part cheap, been looking and prices vary between £150 to £240 for part alone. Now that is some difference for same part.

Part number is MX1357

Thanks

Last edited:
Of course you can have the thread, my lawnmover went funny again the other day but i know what it is now, so i just push the cable back in! lol Hope you get sorted.

Love your location by the way! ;)

if you keep pulling at it ,it wont get longer maybe you need an extension,does it have a rcb fitted at socket end for safety:proud:

What's an rcb? lol

I think the lead just isn't quite long enough to reach the far end of the grass, i guess i should use an extension lead!

or other option pour concrete on end of grass then no need to buy extension lead easy fix:Clap::Clap:

so you do have one,hmm wonder where:Clap:

Back