Latest news

I'm new to sat stuff. I don't have a Tm800 i have a Vu+duo .Because i'm new to this i read every post on the sat sections and have to admit that there seems to be a lot of fanboys out there, like in the phone sections.
I will extoll the virtues of the Duo BUT i allways State that it is for ME a great box.

But what do i know. I can only compare it to a clone Dm 500 and a Sky+ box.

I think most of us on here know that the Tm800 is a WIP so why not just say that it's not ready yet ?
I also know that a lot of people were screaming for it's release, ready or not, so they got what they wanted. A box that is a WIP.

Ok i know that it's frustrating that the obvious things that need looking at , don't seem to be getting sorted,but it really doesn't help to sell the box by reading the fanboy reports that wont have a bad thing said about it.

Lets all just speak the truth so new guys on the sat scene can make up their own minds on which box will be best for them.
I have no doubt the TM800 will be a great box but only if they open it up to third party support. So guys just tell it as it is and stop getting upset over it.

To be fair Satwiz is the only fanboy (payrolled or not?), most other posts are born of frustration, myself included at times. The images are maturing. What hasn't helped is someone on here being a beta tester and promising the earth, image finally released with promised wi-fi but failing so spectacularly that it couldn't possibly of been tested (beta or not), and then going on holiday.... promises have been made for next image, along with promises of other team images and opening code - lets all just be patient guys and see what happens this time.

to be honest i love this box to bits and we ill be keeping it. I have owned a clone Dm500s, DM800s and a Spiderbox 9000HD over the last year and i can safely say that this is the best box by far for the price bracket. It will get better and better as the image gets update. It is still a great box in it current state its just a little annoying when the box thinks its in 1970 so the now and next EPG doesnt work and the recording does its own thing :) but i know it will get there over the coming weeks and months and once TM release the code for the box so other teams can get their hands on it then this will be real competition for the in my opinion the overpriced DM800HD.

...What hasn't helped is someone on here being a beta tester and promising the earth...

See, I do beta testing but purely because I feel that as a beneficiary of the enormous effort that has gone into developing all of the open source platform used for these boxes, I have the moral obligation to help where I can, which I hopefully achieve by testing and providing feedback, and:
furthermore, all of the "beta testers" that I'm aware off regularly frequent the various forums and try to help users wherever we can.
Finally, let me make the commercial aspect perfectly clear - I bought (from S-S--, also in Kent :)) and paid for my box exactly the same as anybody else. Period.

Now, you tell me - since when has the "beta tester" became an ugly word? I only wish everybody else would be as constructive and helpful as beta testers.

So (and this goes to everybody), if you have the ability to make the box behave at least slightly better than "out of the box", stop wasting time moaning and rather do something about it and try help the others.

to be honest i love this box to bits and we ill be keeping it. I have owned a clone Dm500s, DM800s and a Spiderbox 9000HD over the last year and i can safely say that this is the best box by far for the price bracket. It will get better and better as the image gets update. It is still a great box in it current state its just a little annoying when the box thinks its in 1970 so the now and next EPG doesnt work and the recording does its own thing :) but i know it will get there over the coming weeks and months and once TM release the code for the box so other teams can get their hands on it then this will be real competition for the in my opinion the overpriced DM800HD.

If you perform a search here you will find a work around for both ... both time/date and epg are working fine

I'm new to sat stuff. I don't have a Tm800 i have a Vu+duo .Because i'm new to this i read every post on the sat sections and have to admit that there seems to be a lot of fanboys out there, like in the phone sections.
I will extoll the virtues of the Duo BUT i allways State that it is for ME a great box.

But what do i know. I can only compare it to a clone Dm 500 and a Sky+ box.

I think most of us on here know that the Tm800 is a WIP so why not just say that it's not ready yet ?
I also know that a lot of people were screaming for it's release, ready or not, so they got what they wanted. A box that is a WIP.

Ok i know that it's frustrating that the obvious things that need looking at , don't seem to be getting sorted,but it really doesn't help to sell the box by reading the fanboy reports that wont have a bad thing said about it.

Lets all just speak the truth so new guys on the sat scene can make up their own minds on which box will be best for them.
I have no doubt the TM800 will be a great box but only if they open it up to third party support. So guys just tell it as it is and stop getting upset over it.

Great Post...I agree 100% There is too much "Fanboy" mentality...

- Theres a lot of attempts to not mention or downplay...major features that simply do not work or do not work properly...like card reader, cccam compatibility (goes back to Tm500 and 600), PVR, Wireless, etc...

- Didgidues idea to create a sticky listing exactly what works and what doesnt work is a great idea, give potential buyers the "real" picture of the state of play with this device...no point...in saying...this will be fixed in x amount of time...when we know dates and promises have slipped so many times it probably wont happen on time...

- Yes it's WIP if people are OK with that it's fine...but they should be given the full clear picture that, theres a lot that doesnt work..and theres no gaurantee that it ever will be working anytime soon...Give people the truth without all "Fanboy" mentaliity...

a LOt of people, especially those who owned one of these early, KNEW that it was a work in progress. The majority of the 'noise' being made about the TM800 is coming from people who dont even own one

technomate has said, if youre not happy with your purchase, especially if you were mis-sold it, return it for a no questions refund

i have NEVER seen anyone offer that before, especially with equipment as complicated as a linux receiver

if you're not happy with it or its functions, send it back, and use your refund to pay towards a sky subscription, with full EPG, PVR and everything else a skybox can do (which aint much really). or put the money towards a freesat PVR, with CAM slot, put your C lines into a wireless diablo cam in the PVR and use that, again, partail EPG, only on freesat channels though, and full PVR, but at a cost of over £400 total, or, buy a clone DM800, as long as you dont want stable HD, for around £200, and hope you dont get any problems with the receiver, or, buy an original DM800, again, £400

IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH IT, SEND IT BACK WHILE TECHNOMATE ARE STILL OFFERING THIS!!!!!!!!!!

as ive a feeling that within the next images, technomate will retract their offer of refunds if youre not happy with it, as itll be doing everything it says on the box

personally, i still think they should just slam out a crap basic image, no EMUs etc, that just records, plays back, and leave the image teams to take all the grief

I remember getting my first Linux Box it was a Dbox2 it was pretty well supported

then I remember upgrading to the 500c not so well supported and very basic features

until so teams got involved and things slowly began to evolve let me repeat slowly

I was lucky enough to play a small part in the DigitalWorldz Dream images but what I did see was a lot of trial and error

you would get one thing fixed and work on another and the thing that you fixed wouldn't then work and so on

these things are painstakingly time consuming and take months even years now
to get right never 100% I might add

surely you can see things are moving along at a reasonable speed now

I see conchobair and fdlsys giving out some fantastic advice how how to overcome some things,thanks for that guys :thumbsup:

give it time,it will all come right in the not to distant future I'm sure

a LOt of people, especially those who owned one of these early, KNEW that it was a work in progress. The majority of the 'noise' being made about the TM800 is coming from people who dont even own one

technomate has said, if youre not happy with your purchase, especially if you were mis-sold it, return it for a no questions refund

i have NEVER seen anyone offer that before, especially with equipment as complicated as a linux receiver

if you're not happy with it or its functions, send it back, and use your refund to pay towards a sky subscription, with full EPG, PVR and everything else a skybox can do (which aint much really). or put the money towards a freesat PVR, with CAM slot, put your C lines into a wireless diablo cam in the PVR and use that, again, partail EPG, only on freesat channels though, and full PVR, but at a cost of over £400 total, or, buy a clone DM800, as long as you dont want stable HD, for around £200, and hope you dont get any problems with the receiver, or, buy an original DM800, again, £400

IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH IT, SEND IT BACK WHILE TECHNOMATE ARE STILL OFFERING THIS!!!!!!!!!!

as ive a feeling that within the next images, technomate will retract their offer of refunds if youre not happy with it, as itll be doing everything it says on the box

personally, i still think they should just slam out a crap basic image, no EMUs etc, that just records, plays back, and leave the image teams to take all the grief

Hi digidude m8

I am actually reading the package for my TM .i dont see anything concerning divx or mediaplayer(it says PVR.mp3,photos&software) are you sure it will be divx ,mkv compatible?

regards

any information i post, is generally given to me a while before i post it, i then make the info public when told that i can, so if ive posted that itll play divx etc, then thats whats been told to me

if on the box it says mp3 and photo, then thats all TM have to worry about (IMO) and anything else is down to 3rd parties to make work with the hardware, not for TM to worry about IF 3rd party software will work with the hardware

@ digitalworldz dream, what size is your avvy when its full size? ;)

this had better be for the TM500/600 image aswell....

heres hoping so tone.

my biggest gripe is the shit EPG (standard) on the tm500 why the fook cant they sort it out, not everyone has the ability to support shared folders for the weekepg.

just a stable epg on the tm500, one that works the moment you list your channels would do for me.......

heres hoping so tone.

my biggest gripe is the shit EPG (standard) on the tm500 why the fook cant they sort it out, not everyone has the ability to support shared folders for the weekepg.

just a stable epg on the tm500, one that works the moment you list your channels would do for me.......

use weekepg and just store one or 2 days worth of data in the tmp folder m8, it does work

hi digidude m8

This is what i found about TM800 hD s chip philipsPNX8335 M1:

Specifications

Platform

Side of the heart machine, there is a CPU NXP, the PNX 8335 cadendé to 320 MHZ. This is a mipsel processor, then using the same set of instructions that DM 7025/800 and 8000. This is good news!

This processor from Philips (NXP = Filliale semiconductor Philips wholesale) will be supported by 32 GB of flash memory and 128 MB of RAM allowing it to handle the problem without current flow, while providing a space " file system "totally writable, largely dimensioned, again as in the DM or other current QBox. Maximum flexibility ensured.

To make your mouth water, here's what the CPU can deal (from the forthcoming brochure deco):

Code: Input Video formats: MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 part 2 / ASP / DivX (version 3.11/Version 4.x/Version 5.x/Version 6) / XviD (Version 1.x) H. 263 / H.264 / MPEG-4 part 10 / AVC / VC-1 / SMPTE 421M (WMV) / AVSVideo Output: HDMI, Y / Pb / Pr, SCART, RCA, CVBSAudio input format: MPEG-1 Audio layer II / MP2, MPEG-1 Audio Layer III / MP3 / MPEG-4 part 3 / AAC, Dolby Digital / AC3 / DTS / WMA / WMA-Pro / LPCMAudio output format: I2S 0 / I2S 1 / SPDIF / HDMI / Analog
As you can see, it sweeps wide and Deco this should enable us to take full advantage of all our favorite movies, without too much trouble!

Add to that the HDMI output (HDCP possible) we will be able to provide up to the 1080p and it gives us great opportunities in terms of versatility. This output will be supplemented classics connections that were already on the SD models, including an analog component output YPrPb.

Layer system

Of course, there is talk of a deco LINUX. The key point to concerns about operating systems, and on this side, that good news!

First, the drivers supplied by NXP! This is good news because it is often where DAGs was average, but this time they do not intervene too much in the loop and can be trusted to NXP on this point.

Furthermore, drivers are provided natively all in line with the official Linux APIs, contrary to the example provided by ST Microelectronics for the CPU (QBox IPBOX ...):

=> Linux DVB Api level 3 for everything related to hardware support satellite / cable / tnt (demux, decoders, frontends ...)
=> V4l2 API (Video For Linux 2) for OSD

So while the standard and fully compatible with existing software side! It's a good idea! With any luck, our favorite apps will run on these décos without fiddling in every sense, I think especially managers of cards without which the machines lose some of their usefulness.

OSD layer

The fans appreciate the presence of base ENIGMA 2 on this deco. Grid mipsel processor compatible with the DM, so we should have with this machine TGS closest to what DMM, Likelihood and therefore the best in terms of portability. A good thing too!

And the rest?

Well rather than give you a long speech, I leave you to discover in this copy / paste that DAGs ad for his new toy:

• Full citation of compliant MPEG4 / H.264, DVB-S2
• Full compliant of Standard Linux DVB API (App: Enigma2)
• HD / SD content (MPEG2 & MPEG4 AVC/H.264, DivX, XviD, WMV)
• High Definition Video output: HDMI (HDCP Option), YPbPr
• Big Flash memory size for Linux application - 32GB
• 1 Smart Card Slot
• 3 USB 2.0 (MP3, JPEG Viewer, SW Upgrade, PVR, Time-shift)
• e-SATA for Mass Storage Device (External PVR, Time Shift)
• 10/100M Full Duplex Ethernet Interface
• Audio Decoding: ISO/IEC13813-3 (MPEG2 audio / MUSICAM) Dolby AC-3 WMA
• Dolby Digital Decoder (5.1 sound transmission via AC3 digital output)
• Video output resolution: (480i), 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
• S / PDIF Interface; Optical Type
• User selectable output resolution
• Firmware / Software Upgrade: Through (Ethernet, USB Memory Stick and RS-232)
• Unlimited TV / Radio Channel Storage
• Very Quick Channel Change Time: <1second
• Full Automatic Service Scan
• Variable Aspect Ratio (4:3, 16:9, Letter Box)
• Multi Language OSD
• User Friendly EPG
• WiFi 802.11 n (OPTIONAL) for powerful HD streaming out

And after??

For now, I still have not received the prototype that I wait. I can not tell you if this unit will keep its promises. I have not received a production date for the upcoming series. Do not expect to see the decor in the stores before a bit of time I'll keep you posted when I know more.
In the month of August, there was a prototype, which was already running a full OS with E2 board. The entire platform runs well, but the tuner part qq still posed problems. These problems have usually been resolved and the development has advanced. I hoped to have a pre-set before the end of 2009 but the schedule did not follow DAGs.

I should add that I am impatient to know if my ideas past developers have been followed since, for some it is. In fact, I suggested the following points in trade with the boss of DAGs:

=> Case more "discreet", black base
=> Display VFD broad front
=> Resuming principle of a trap door to hide drives, with damped opening (like the facade of the TM 9100)
=> Resumed remote that Technomate 9100 by correcting a few keys
=> Denomination "300" for the first model in the range 500 for medium and 700 for a possible premium.

regards

ok i thought there wasnt enough space on the tm500...............

TM500 is similar to a DM500, there is NOT enough space for a 7 day EPG, you can get away with 2 days max though..and set cron to update every day at 5pm in then morning.

Back