Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest news

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Latest news this morning.

fixes coming, possibly up to 3 images due in august

1-pvr audio tracking
2-audio track speed change
3-osd response
4-s/w decoding speed
5-channels zapping
6-extra finishing touches

when the CVS is ready, source files will be released to all developers
it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks to prepare thisas long as there are no more complications.
as explained before this s/w is 100% open source, but as with all other receivers, drivers and bootloaders ARE NOT, these will be made ready and simplified for developers,
it will be pointless to rush through unfinished s/w that can create more problems for dev teams.

when the CVS is ready, source files will be released to all developers
it will take at least 3 to 4 weeks to prepare thisas long as there are no more complications.
as explained before this s/w is 100% open source, but as with all other receivers, drivers and bootloaders ARE NOT, these will be made ready and simplified for developers,
it will be pointless to rush through unfinished s/w that can create more problems for dev teams.

this had better be for the TM500/600 image aswell....

Latest news this morning.

fixes coming, possibly up to 3 images due in august

1-pvr audio tracking
2-audio track speed change
3-osd response
4-s/w decoding speed
5-channels zapping

Have they not noticed that most of their last 'fixes' didn't work?

Where is the fix for the Wifi?
Where is the Fix for the PVR?
Where is the network fix?

So now they are working on 6 other things instead of sorting out the last 'fixed' issues?

They haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing.

Hopefully all the problems will be fixed over time and make this a cracking HD linux box?:proud::proud::proud:

When will be the next release?

Last edited:
Have they not noticed that most of their last 'fixes' didn't work?

Where is the fix for the Wifi?
Where is the Fix for the PVR?
Where is the network fix?

So now they are working on 6 other things instead of sorting out the last 'fixed' issues?

They haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing.

LOL...nahhh TM consider the WIFI, PVR and Network as "minor" bugs/features that no-one really uses...they come under

"6-extra finishing touches"

witchy mr negative

what does it mean number six
you think tm should make a list of 20 or 30 functions one by one
read trough the lines and be positive this box is working ok for me .
when all finished specially you wont have anymore complains.
that will be my happiest day to hear no complains from you.:Clap:

witchy mr negative

sorry but

iyes they have to make a line for each day!i dont see any problem with reading 20 or 30 lines.it means a line per waited day

witchy mr negative

wi-fi, PVR etc...should be listed a high prioirity faults to be fixed 1st...

- Box works OK for you Satwiz...so you dont use PVR, static IP addressses or require WIfi access ??? lol

- Where is it mentioned in that list that card reader is going to be fixed ??? or is that also " read in between the lines "

to be honest i agree with witchy, if they cannot get simply things to work correctly like getting the date and time right and making the box actually record something instead of nothing or just sound then i dont think they should be working on anything else yet. Yes this will be a great box but come on guys mine usually thinks in 1970 which to be honest is pretty poor

I can fully understand everyones impatience, buts lets give them a fair crack of the whip for the next image release. I'm confident things will improve and if you have any knowledge of image building then it not always plain sailing.

I too want to have working PVR, WiFi etc and i'm sure it will come as the box was sold with this understanding

As the man said - have some patience.

If "you" (average Joe, Linux HD consumer) could live for - how long was - a year? - with DM800 blowing power supplies, cooking internals, not recognising HDD, DOA tuners, shipping the box to Germany, wait for 2-3 weeks, ... need I continue? ... surely you can live with this one for a while - at least, no hardware faults to begin with, correct? ;)

Not to mention the "small" price difference... full HDMI port, not the stingy DVI implementation, RF modulator... phew, this box is everything that DM800 would like to be, when it grows up! :aye:

If "you" (average Joe, Linux HD consumer) could live for - how long was - a year? - with DM800 blowing power supplies, cooking internals, not recognising HDD, DOA tuners, shipping the box to Germany, wait for 2-3 weeks, ... need I continue? ... surely you can live with this one for a while - at least, no hardware faults to begin with, correct? ;)

Not to mention the "small" price difference... full HDMI port, not the stingy DVI implementation, RF modulator... phew, this box is everything that DM800 would like to be, when it grows up! :aye:

you are correct but it was long time ago!Everybody has dif needs for their boxes.i never mind pvr function but i need media player ,working web interface,decent hd skin etc etc.I will wait next update and see ,other wise i will leave it back on next london visit!

regards

Not correct...read all the posts in the forum..im sure a couple of members here returned TM800 units with hardware faults..that refused to flash faulty flash memory I believe...I will dig up the posts/thrads if I can be bothered...Also early overheating issues reported...

Wasnt DVI port used to get around some licensing issue, rather than stingyness ?

Personally I think it's other way around...TM are trying to jump on Dreams bandwagon...even to the extent they try to line up feature sets and even copy their model numbers

TM500 = DM500
TM600 PVR = DM600 PVR
TM800HD = DM800HD

Agreed though it's early days...lets see what UR Team manage to deliver with the images...When TM have decent software support and image that can compare with DreamElite ...they might well be worth considering...until then...not worth a look...

More of speculations *** bit of slandering***some predictions ***

we had lots of these before any general elections which party will win
to surprise of all
Lots of people did not expect what happened in final.
I have 100% confident in tm group with past 11 years of success they can not offered to tarnish their repetitions
with these miner problems
now hardware is perfect
we just have to wait a bit longer for images to come,:Clap::Clap:

Wasnt DVI port used to get around some licensing issue, rather than stingyness ?

That is a definition of being stingy (or, rather, maximising the profits), getting around what otherwise cost money. HDMI implementation licence is not free - implementation of DVI is.

As far as model numbering... well, at least TM (Itgate) developed each and every one from scratch; not by cloning (often sub-standard) DM hardware ;)

Now, I certainly do not disagree with any of the facts of life kindly enumerated by witchy & belmando - you do not honestly believe that anyone would be 100% happy with product that does 50% of what it says on the box?

But, as bad as that sounds, dishing out negative attitude is 10x worse. How does that help anyone?

I just cannot figure out how come that paying, say, £380 for DM800 (that was the price, right?), and accepting the catastrophic hardware failures is "OK", and paying £250 and having to sit patiently until the software is finalised is not???
In the meantime, you are free to watch the TV from your TM800 without any risk of setting the house on fire! ;) ;) ;)

That is a definition of being stingy (or, rather, maximising the profits), getting around what otherwise cost money. HDMI implementation licence is not free - implementation of DVI is.

As far as model numbering... well, at least TM (Itgate) developed each and every one from scratch; not by cloning (often sub-standard) DM hardware ;)

Now, I certainly do not disagree with any of the facts of life kindly enumerated by witchy & belmando - you do not honestly believe that anyone would be 100% happy with product that does 50% of what it says on the box?

But, as bad as that sounds, dishing out negative attitude is 10x worse. How does that help anyone?

I just cannot figure out how come that paying, say, £380 for DM800 (that was the price, right?), and accepting the catastrophic hardware failures is "OK", and paying £250 and having to sit patiently until the software is finalised is not???
In the meantime, you are free to watch the TV from your TM800 without any risk of setting the house on fire! ;) ;) ;)

FDLSYS mate wrote:
I just cannot figure out how come that paying, say, £380 for DM800 (that was the price, right?), and accepting the catastrophic hardware failures is "OK", and paying £250 and having to sit patiently until the software is finalised is not??

Thats correct but that was the only linuxhd that time ,and all those things could be accepted but Our box is out after so many years should not have such aproblems.Thats what iam saying and of course compare to the other boxes :Yes its better than many of them in existing shape.To watch tv and have a stable box it has up to its reput.

regards

Back