Latest news on the Ambits ???

Been a while since the last post in this thread, but i didnt want to start a fresh one as iam posting same question.

Sooo, I know its possible to do an ambit 200 and 250, are the 100's and 120's still a no-no or what ??? anyone know ?

:Cheers:

100's and 120's were a good modem to use but as there's too much messing around with the... no-up-date... you might aswell stick with the 250's or sb's unless anyone knows more about a script for the 100's and 120's to stop them updating ...:)

If memory serves, the 100/120's are basically the same hardware as an SB4100/4200. Putting something like sigma onto the 100/120 would probs be the best way to go.

yes they can

sorry read ur question backwards. but anyway the 120 can be done if it hasn't taken the update but tend to switch between image1 (which works) and image 2(which dont) so if u have a 10meg mac and keep ur max attached there ok- if the tsop isnt a mx u can rollback the updated firmware and even put the 100 version on it.
other than that put sigma/hackware/whatever on them via jtag - havent tried this yet but i've got a stack waiting 2 try as soon as i have time

sorry read ur question backwards. but anyway the 120 can be done if it hasn't taken the update but tend to switch between image1 (which works) and image 2(which dont) so if u have a 10meg mac and keep ur max attached there ok- if the tsop isnt a mx u can rollback the updated firmware and even put the 100 version on it.
other than that put sigma/hackware/whatever on them via jtag - havent tried this yet but i've got a stack waiting 2 try as soon as i have time

can sigma be put on 100/120 via rs232 ?? and if it can, then do the modems need to be downgraded first of all to pre updated firmware or will the sigma software fix like used on the 200 fix that ? i know that my 100 & 120 have took the update.

how'd ya get on mate ??? and has anyone succesfully put sigma onto a 100 or 120 yet ?

webstar dpx100

i know this is of the topics of ambits but i have been told they are basically the same as an ambit 120....i am working on a way of puttin 4200 sigma on it ...will keep this post updated....tried blackcat lead to no avail ...am now trying rs232 .

i know this is of the topics of ambits but i have been told they are basically the same as an ambit 120....i am working on a way of puttin 4200 sigma on it ...will keep this post updated....tried blackcat lead to no avail ...am now trying rs232 .

great stuff mate, make sure you let us know the outcomes a.s.a.p :Cheers:

Well well thomson been a while m8 gonna have another go at the 200 and 250 see they seem to be working alot better :D Had a load of bother when I first tried the 200 with sigma ages ago will give u a shout if I get stuck :p

Well well thomson been a while m8 gonna have another go at the 200 and 250 see they seem to be working alot better :D Had a load of bother when I first tried the 200 with sigma ages ago will give u a shout if I get stuck :p

no probs mate :), and yes your right, the ambit 200 & 250's are pretty solid with sigma on ( for now anyway, lol)

Been a wee while since i posted in this thread, just asking again if anything new is happening on the ambit scene ??? 100,120,200,250 ?

Back