## Latest CVs gavs-tuxbox Image ##

so many downloads and no feedback

images come forward with feedback no feedback no images as all are takers

please leave feedback thats the least you can do for someone that works and shares for free

so many downloads and no feedback

images come forward with feedback no feedback no images as all are takers

please leave feedback thats the least you can do for someone that works and shares for free

Well said m8, when you put a lot of work to make an image its nice to get feedback good or bad, still got this image on my box and no problems at all works great, and got to admit gav i think this is your best image to date imho.

Cheers Derek

Well said m8, when you put a lot of work to make an image its nice to get feedback good or bad, still got this image on my box and no problems at all works great, and got to admit gav i think this is your best image to date imho.

Cheers Derek

thats a big statement but thanks for the comment m8

This image seems to have everything I need in it. I wanted to get back to trying to record again and this seems to have the features I need to do that. Menus quick, logs great and fta pictures look good.

Not able to get non fta for test purposes up and running though but not meant to anyway...

Thanks.

thanks m8 for the feedback need more feedback from people

pm sent m8

great image been using it for a few hours and it seems very stable - prefer it over the \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite as this one has yweb

yWeb can be added back into \/+2.1 eazy peazy!! httpd-y is already in there, for LCD-EPG :)

ok cool i might do that when i get some time to play

# with this image the picture seems to freeze for a few seconds now and then - anyone know what it could be -- using 2x nokia

# Also on the myservices file you have set to remove the regional ITV and some BBC channels, my ITV channel was removed and when i loaded my service & bouquets that channel didnt appear
and when i figured out what was up i also noticed the adbul channels set to remove, some people might not want this - I might be doing it wrong by not upoading my own myservice.xml

-Thanks

Last edited:
Freezing is nearly always down to a bad pairing of cam and ucode. Most nokias seem best on evocamd and 001A. My nokias will always give intermittent freeze on mgcamd, no matter which ucode is running. 100% stable on evocamd, though. Experiment is the keyword!

And earlier, I meant to say that nhttpd is present in v+2.1 - httpd-y is the folder where all the yWeb stuff goes, which lives under /share/tuxbox/neutrino

The /httpd-y folder contains a /scripts subfolder, the contents of which are all .sh files- so need the chmod 755 treatment!!

Cheers- AL :)

Just installed this image and it freezes on the windows vista screen.
Tried restarting a few times,
but no joy.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Just installed this image and it freezes on the windows vista screen.
Tried restarting a few times,
but no joy.
Any ideas?
Thanks

what does it say on the LCD ?? loading kernal perhaps ??

looks like you will need to reflash using IFA mate.

Got it working now thanks,
just reflashed it,
now it works fine.
:Hit:

Liking it a lot!
Been using an old version of Sportster for a while,
so tons of extras for me to play with!

Ok ok the time has come for me to upgrade !!!

I have been on Laky Pro since it came out, and been so impressed with it I have been scared to change.

Reading this thread it seems that there are newer and better, so I will take the plunge.

Thanks in advance to gav etc, I always appreciate the time that people put in behind the scenes that the rest of us take for granted.

Messa

PS. i understand the reasons for only a 'partial' image being available, but do i already have the missing files on my existing DBOX installation to get the new images FULLY functional?

All the files you require are in your current image from var/keys you'll need the three rom 7 files (nagraepr, nagraram & nagrarom), from var bin/emu you need the cam you use ie evocam or mgcam and from var/tuxbox/config/zapit your service and bouquet xml files.

Back these up to your pc with ftp and once you flash the new image and set up network settings put them back in the same folders. Remember to set the attributes for the cam to CHMOD 755 very important and you should be good to go.

In the blue button menu start the cam and set your location then restart, tune to sp1 and the channels should clear after 5 mins.

Before you do any of this though back up your current image to your pc just in case anything goes wrong

thebigman

Quality instructions, thank you.

I have an image backed up anyway as I like to tinker, usually unsuccessfully.

:)

FTP etc already in place so I will try it tonight after work.

Thanks again,

Messa

Hi again, only just got round to trying it and I think I have gone wrong somewhere !

I have done everyhting right (I think !) but could only see Rom 10 and 11 files, there were no rom 7 ones.

I don't know what they are so I might be talking sheet but I can only get the basic to work and not the extras, if you get my drift.

Have changed between evo and mg and set attributes but still no joy.

Rebooted and had it sat on SP1 for ages but get epg but nothing else.

Any pointers please?

Messa

Back