## Latest CVs gavs-tuxbox Image ##

You need the rom 7 files the are the main ones that are fixed. there are fixed versions of the 10 and 11 (thanks to Cydine) but youre's are unlikely to be those. Rom 7 has always been the most stable anyway.

thebigman

Ok thanks again.

really struggling to find them, and I have scoured Google.

Any sites or file hosts you know of by any chance?

;)

thanks again,

Messa

All up and running, thanks for the help (the rom 7 were there in my existing image all the time but i must be blind !).

:)

Messa

PS Thanks again Gav and all involved.

Nice work Gav,

Thought I should cross post this as it could be of some interest to others

Basically im having some problems with record/playback which I think is linked to a problem with the personalisation area of the image where menu items can be hidden.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/188999/

Thanks

Ayns

Last edited by a moderator:
Put this on today...and so far I am very impressed with the image.

I've tried lots in the past but always end up going back to my trusty DW Pro image which was at least a couple of years old. I had noticed that I had lost S*tanta 2 from it and re-scanning would pick up the epg but just got the "error - channel not available" message on screen...this image has sorted that particular problem out for me.

Picture quality is excellent as is the response time. I also like how the menus can be customised.

On the downside - I can't seem to get MUTV any more - same problem as my old SS2. If anyone has the details for this channel so I can update my services file I would appreciate it.

I'd also like a pointer to the lcd logo so that I can change the top display bar to show the time remaining as in my old image rather than just displaying neutrino.

Other than that - EXCELLENT...: multi :

How do I use evocamd with this image?
Mgcamd keeps freezing for a few minutes.
I have put it into bin/emu and it appears on the menu now,
but nothing happens when i press ok to start it.
Am i missing something?
Thanks

did you chmod 755 in attributes when you ftp'd evocam?

thebigman

Yes, I already checked for that.
I cant think of anything else to try.
Even restarted a few times, just in case!

I had problems with having to restart evocam every time i switched dbox on. I ended up deleteing the emu folder droping evocam into var/bin and editing the start neutrino file. It is in ect/initd change the 4th line down camd2 to evocamd and transfer back then every time you restart the dbox evocam should start.

thebigman

It goes in the same folder where you'll find mgcamd, m8- /var/bin/emu (and then you chmod it to 755)

As released, the /var/keys folder is empty. So you must have added the three rom7 files, AutoRoll.Key and mg_cfg at the very least, in order to have mgcamd shakily working.

Well, from your backups on PC of the two last files- FTP these across again to /var/keys 'As'

AutoRoll.Key >> Autoupdate.Key
mg_cfg >> camd_cfg

Then restart evocamd from an encrypted channel (just for educational and testing purposes of course- Human Rights Act and all that). Evocamd should clear in under 20 seconds, as it will filch the keys from what mgcamd has created in the the same folder- SoftCam.key - rather than AU and create it's own Keylist.txt file.

But you can always delete SoftCam.Key and force the lazy bastard to do it's work properly, LOL! Same happens with a fresh start of mgcamd if it finds a current evocamd keyset, ffs. Nightmare when it comes to writing a gbox keycopy script...

Cheers- AL :)

Still going strong!

I'm more than happy now I have got all my streaming issues sorted out - just a quick bit of feedback from me:-

I've just noticed that when you change the audio stream to get away from the dreaded 'voice over' you also have to do a quick channel change so that the new audio kicks in...this isn't a problem, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks gav12345 for a great job! Much appreciated

I think that was a change (or mistake) in the CVS back in Summer, which around here, occurred on the morning of 8th July this year, Redwolf.

Previously, when we had the settings for this correctly made, a flick of the Left or Right arrow brought up a little audio box top right of the screen which toggled 0-English / 1-English and instantly killed the AD voice-over.

Now, the same action kills the AD, but also pops up the Infobar for a few seconds. You don't have to literally switch channels and back, surely? At least the new method 'remembers' that the current channel has AD off, if you zap around the channels a lot, like my missus is inclined to do, LOL!

Hi PaphosAL,

So far, each time I have changed the audio stream, the audio disappears completely and only comes back after a channel change...like I said, it's not really a big problem, but the last image I had on was as you described - with the small audio box top right of the screen which toggled 0-English / 1-English and instantly killed the AD voice-over.

I sometimes like to leave the AD on anyway, so when I'm working in the back room, I can get a full dialogue of whats going on in a film on the telly in the other room. :Biggrin2:

I've always found the most hilarious AD is on any documentary done by Michael Palin- who always does an excellent background commentary his self. The dopey bird doing the AD struggles to get a word in edgeways, LOL!

thnx for all the hard work once again, gonna flash this up 2moro n will give it a few days n defo drop in with some feedback.

I'm very much an amature at all this so don't know how i'll get on with it as i've been spoiled with an old pacino image of yours that just kept working, here is hoping i'm able to set it up and get the most out of it. either way i'll let u know how it goes.

thnx again ;-)

People often convince themselves that the latest image gives a better picture quality than than the last.

This one is different though. I run mine on a CRT set (better quality than LCD) and can say this is the best picture quality I have ever seen on a dbox image. It's ver vivid and pops out of the screen almost HD quality.

Still can't get the 'other' channels working, or looked at the other features yet, but personaly, picture quality is most important to me...

Hi again, I've had no problem what so ever with the image on FTA channel's so not alot i can tell u, graphics are excelent, scanning is fast, only problems i've had were testing out what else can be done with other cams etc but that is down to me not knowing what i'm doing n not having all the files i need. if any problems come up further down the line i'll report them back 2u.

thnx again

is this a full image or do i have to leave the boatloader and is it for 2x?

All images are flash without boot loader. It is a 2x image.

thebigman

Back