Laptop advice needed!!!

fizsparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just wanting some advice on what kind of laptop to look for, what kind of spec do I need etc...I know you guys can help alot!!

I've got a laptop designed for Windows ME, runs XP, pentium III so I definetly need an upgrade but there are just too many laptops around to choose one.

I'm hoping to get one from Tesco as through a family member I can get a discount and I get clubcard points aswell which will be great as you can quadruple it for whatever you want.

Im not a heavy user, something around £500 would do me fine and Tesco have a great range to offer....

I've picked out the following to see if anyone can give any positive or negative feedback on it:

1. Sony Vaio AR71J T2370 3GB 17" laptop - £599
2. HP Pavillion DV9820 TL-60 3GB 17" laptop - £599
3. Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 2540 T5750 3GB 15.4" Laptop - £499

I think these 3 have great specs...but the first one (Sony Vaio) is currently out of stock!

I've also noticed that Aldi occasionally do some brilliant laptops for around 500 quid aswell, offering 3-year warranty aswell which is a huge bonus.

Anyway, if anyone can give me their view on which one they would buy or if anyone can pick out other laptops from Tesco that they think would be suitable please post it in your reply.

Cheers guys,
Fizsparky

going to need a bit more info from you mate as to what you would do with the laptop do you need it for games,internet,work,cad,etc as for some of them you would need a top spec laptop for other you could get away with a low end lapop

As you say you're not a heavy uer im assuming its just gnna be to browse diitalworldz, write up letters, watch a few films and download.

£500 pound is toooooooo expensive to be spending on a laptop on todays standard for what you need it for.

Those laptops all have 3 GB of ram and im assuming 2.5GB of it will just go to waste (unless you run vista) , although 2gb i think is what comes standard anyway.

Also, for the price you are paying and the amount of ram that comes on them , you would expect at least a 6500 processor on them.

To be honest it all depends on what you need it for.

Example of my laptop which i got a few months back and i use it for extreme graphics editing and video editing:
Core 2 Duo t7500 (2.20ghz)
3GB RAM
320HDD
Nvidia 8400 512MB
2MP Webcam
DVD RW
Fingerprint recognition
total price: £350

As you say you're not a heavy uer im assuming its just gnna be to browse diitalworldz, write up letters, watch a few films and download.

£500 pound is toooooooo expensive to be spending on a laptop on todays standard for what you need it for.

Those laptops all have 3 GB of ram and im assuming 2.5GB of it will just go to waste (unless you run vista) , although 2gb i think is what comes standard anyway.

Also, for the price you are paying and the amount of ram that comes on them , you would expect at least a 6500 processor on them.

Example of my laptop which i got a few months back and i use it for extreme graphics editing and video editing:
3GB RAM
320HDD
Nvidia 8400 512MB
2MP Webcam
DVD RW
Fingerprint recognition

Bloody nice spec for £350 devil666x, where did you get that one then? (If you don't mind me asking)
Cheers HH.

lol yeah thats true they are really cheap.

at HappyH, got it from yoyotech.com. the store is only down the road from me.

Thanks for that, must have had a sale on though, wee bit dearer now. I'll keep an eye on the site for a bargain.
Cheers HH.

3GB RAM
320HDD
Nvidia 8400 512MB
2MP Webcam
DVD RW
Fingerprint recognition

where did you get this laptop from? please let me know. Thanks

Back