Kryptview fix seizing up

Dont even start me on dbox or dreambox.

Each to their own mate. If you want a no frills / no brainer box then so be it.

Just a shame about the horrible OSD and poor performance on Telewest networks.

There are plenty of other 'stupid' boxes that work a lot better.

lol, I see the problem !

You've got far too used to the dbox way of doing things. Its like getting a new car. Nothings in the right place and it doesn't respond how you expect it should.

As for the tuner problem, I dunno why you have that problem. Maybe its a quality control issue. That wouldn't suprise me considering the production costs of these boxes !

Seems to be a network issue mate.

The box seems to dislike the Telewest network.

Just turned my TV over to the Kryptview channel and I have a green screen and the display is showing a solo digit '9', hehe - that'll be the 8th crash today. :)

Ok this thread is getting a little off subject as far as comparing the boxes ! This thread is about the firmware problems we are having and hopefully getting it sorted between us ! so please people can we drop the DM / DB vs Krypt contest ? after all everyone has their own opinions on the boxes available, Lets just concentrate on trying to get a fix for what we have @ the moment.:Frog:

All input is appreciated lets just keep it civil. (f****g box has seized again!!)lol.

hi guys
I am new ot this forum, which I have found most useful. I think it is a great site!
I especially found the Kryptview views very interesting and will be keeping me eye out for new info. I was wondering though, if any of you guys own an Innovative satellite receiver?
I have discoverd that the Kryptview and Innovative recieivers are exactly the same, even using the same remote, also after reading all of your problems for example frozen green screen, no. 1 or 2 or 0 on the front of the reciever, after my experiencing these problems ( on Innovative ) I managed to contact the people who make this receiver and was told that we should turn them off for at least 2 hours per day, and when using the remote control we should take time ensuring that we do not go too fast, must give time for the receiver to register before going to the next stage, It is very important also for the recievers to be in a well ventilated position ie. not closed into a cabinet or underneath anything nor covered, this has an extremely adverse affect on them.
Since I upgraded my Kryptview I have had absolutely no problems, as long as you follow these simple guides you shouldnt have any problems.
My belief is you get what you pay for!
They are the quickfix!! and we must appreciate the guys for making them work quickly for our entertainment and convenience.:drink:

hi guys
I am new ot this forum, which I have found most useful. I think it is a great site!
I especially found the Kryptview views very interesting and will be keeping me eye out for new info. I was wondering though, if any of you guys own an Innovative satellite receiver?
I have discoverd that the Kryptview and Innovative recieivers are exactly the same, even using the same remote, also after reading all of your problems for example frozen green screen, no. 1 or 2 or 0 on the front of the reciever, after my experiencing these problems ( on Innovative ) I managed to contact the people who make this receiver and was told that we should turn them off for at least 2 hours per day, and when using the remote control we should take time ensuring that we do not go too fast, must give time for the receiver to register before going to the next stage, It is very important also for the recievers to be in a well ventilated position ie. not closed into a cabinet or underneath anything nor covered, this has an extremely adverse affect on them.
Since I upgraded my Kryptview I have had absolutely no problems, as long as you follow these simple guides you shouldnt have any problems.
My belief is you get what you pay for!
They are the quickfix!! and we must appreciate the guys for making them work quickly for our entertainment and convenience.:drink:

Thats all fine if you believe every excuse they give you, but in my case it has nothing to do with all of that its just buggy firmware.

Thanks for your imput though its all appreciated.:Drums:

Thats all fine if you believe every excuse they give you, but in my case it has nothing to do with all of that its just buggy firmware.

Thanks for your imput though its all appreciated.:Drums:

Ok yes I do agree with you, IT IS just buggy firmware, what Im trying to say is for general usage, like I said, we get what we pay for! they cant cope due to them not having large enough memorys because the manufacturers are probably just trying to cut corners for more profit! please do not misunderstand but these are just my views.

Well am pleased it was quickly patched and rolled out my other m8s with the other boxes are still messin about with manual keys and what not.

Yes the krytview has remained quite unstable and crashed every now and then but still a lovely box indeed.

Hopefully theres a new firmware due soon, were all waiting on that one....

Back