Kryptview Box questions

Godzkiller

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know I just but I ask that you don't act like a twat and that you try to help if you can/want to ( i will be appreciate all help) or you just don't say anything at all. No one likes a troll.

First I will say that I am with Virgin Media.

So I've been thinking about getting a Starview HD + box for a while now, but after doing some research on here and other places I have found out that SV boxes don't seem to be working the way I would want them to. According to some people the SV boxes no longer work with V/M that good or that they do not work at all.

I then moved on to looking at Kryptview, but as far as i have found out KV boxes are for satellite and I have cable.

So my first question would have to be, would KV boxes work with virgin media using it through my router?

I have another question, well another two questions to go with the one above (if KV boxes will actually work). The first one is where could I buy one of these boxes? I can only view one or being sold on Ebay and Amazon. I was told my cable box sells them but I can't find any using the search option. The second question is how much do these normally sell for?

If you need to pm, as I noticed in another thread here no one wanted to say where to buy on a actual thread post, then feel free to do so (i live in glasgow if anyone is a seller).

One last thing. To anyone that owns one of these boxes is it worth it? What do you think of them?

Last edited:
kryptview is for cable and not sat.

you will need a cable feed and internet connection for it to work.

i used to own one but got rid of it due reliabiltty issues.

boxes were great when first came out, but went downhill a little.

i'm not sure how reiable they are now...

my advice:
have a look at the sat side of things... :)

kryptview is for cable and not sat.

you will need a cable feed and internet connection for it to work.

i used to own one but got rid of it due reliabiltty issues.

boxes were great when first came out, but went downhill a little.

i'm not sure how reiable they are now...

my advice:
have a look at the sat side of things... :)

Using a sat option would require a Sky subscription, at least basic subscription and for them to install a dish correct? There is no way for you to buy a dish and set it up yourself without sky?

The problem I have is that I am only 17 and have no control or say in whether or not we go with Sky or stay with Virgin Media, and my V/M cable box and the connecting cable is down stairs and I was wanting to use the kryptview upstairs in my room.

apart from glitching now and then and channels getting changed about you get what you pay for

So far I think I would be able to setup freesat. If I find out if I am able to setup a dish on the ouside of my building.

Need to keep reading up on it tho. Not even sure If I could get all the channels from it.

Will prob aim for dreambox if i can get a satellite dish. If not i will probably just buy a 20m adapter for my V/M box cable.

Using a sat option would require a Sky subscription, at least basic subscription and for them to install a dish correct? There is no way for you to buy a dish and set it up yourself without sky?

You can buy a dish and set it up yourself, it's not really that difficult.

You can buy a dish and set it up yourself, it's not really that difficult.

The problem I have is that I'm pretty sure I am not allowed to install a sat dish on the wall outside. Even If i was it would be at a very awkward position. As I live in a tenement like building I also cannot put a sat dish on the roof.

I do have a cable that runs to the roof but that is for an aerial for freeview.

if you have a cable feed there already and your not allowed a dish then tbh I would go for the Kryptview box

from what I have read all channels are back on and is pretty stable
lets face it, its a chance you take ;)

yeah my kv is working perfect now with all the channels, just hope it lasts:Biggrin2:

just finished typing that and the fecking box freezes,first time in a while too!!

mines been working great for ages until i typed that post!!! just rescanned and its ok now,

just before xmas my box was unwatchable like yours every few mins it would freeze,hopefully they got it sorted out now.

The only problem I get with kV is some times you lose a channel for 20 seconds to a minute but pretty stable in my eyes

yeah u still get a little bit of that,apart from that all good!

Just thought id add my views on the whole thing.
If i was you, id find out for certain if you are allowed to fit a sat dish or not.. I think i fitted my first dish when i was 17. :D

If it is possible to fit a dish, go down the sat route as you will have alot more options and arn't tied down to a particular server, so if the server does go tits up then you can just move onto another, unlike with kryptview, where if it stops, then you'll have to buy another receiver.

Just thought id add my views on the whole thing.
If i was you, id find out for certain if you are allowed to fit a sat dish or not.. I think i fitted my first dish when i was 17. :D

If it is possible to fit a dish, go down the sat route as you will have alot more options and arn't tied down to a particular server, so if the server does go tits up then you can just move onto another, unlike with kryptview, where if it stops, then you'll have to buy another receiver.

I'm a complete noob at this. Someone has given me a Kryptview box and I have no cable which is a good start!

What's the best sat equivalent to the Kryptview? I already have a dish but not sure where to go from there?

Cheers!!

I'm a complete noob at this. Someone has given me a Kryptview box and I have no cable which is a good start!

What's the best sat equivalent to the Kryptview? I already have a dish but not sure where to go from there?

Cheers!!

Cheapest would be Dreambox DM500s

Ok great thanks!

Is it quite straight forward to do? From what I can see, I just need to get a dreambox and flash some new firmware on to it?

It's nothing to do with the card sharing rubbish is it? Can't be doing with that!

Cheers

Ok great thanks!

Is it quite straight forward to do? From what I can see, I just need to get a dreambox and flash some new firmware on to it?

It's nothing to do with the card sharing rubbish is it? Can't be doing with that!

Cheers

Card sharing is the only way to be getting cheap premium channels at the mo.

Back