Kryptview A780 question

I guess these closed source boxes are a bit like a Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.

As long as new customers are available and willing to buy the boxes the KV team will continue to keep the servers running and provide a watchable service.

As revenues drop from new declining sales they have less incentive to continue investing in the server which has ever increasing demand on its resources.

Thing is, due to the way the boxes are sold there's no way to pay a topup fee after a set period to continue receiving the service.

The KV are unknown and secretive so they are not bothered about the consequences should they pull the plug. I mean whose gonna complain and to who exactly?

I guess like any pyramid scheme its those who get it early that reap the rewards...The later you get in the more chance you blows your money.

I just dont see this as a sustainable business model and cant see how it can last. Unless of course KV are a not for profit organisation, and just want to deliver cheap TV to the masses as they hate virgin/murdoch?

I would assume when current box sales slow down due to saturation, future purchases of the hd boxes (when available) or even the standard boxes will have a higher mark up of the trade price to cover the increasing server costs. Hopefully resellers will share any price hike and not pass it all on to their customers.

I gotta give it to this board, I been loosely visiting the Kryptview section but even I had not known about the Kryptview cs, even PM a bunch of people and got no reply's apart from 1-2 lol.

People have kept it so hush hush on this forum:proud:

I had to find out via other forums sadly but anyhow can understand why everyone's so hush hush about a good thing, will be interesting too see how the server copes once a few million log onto it.

For now gonna just wait and see what happens :)

Some other forums are even more secretive...months ago, I put a post on a different forum where im a member about Kryptview A750s and I-connectors for CS. This was before A750 I-connectors were widely available..

The mods on the forum deleted my post and sent me a PM saying "keep this information to yourself, we are trying to keep this quiet for as long as possible.." LOL..

I guess these closed source boxes are a bit like a Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.

As long as new customers are available and willing to buy the boxes the KV team will continue to keep the servers running and provide a watchable service.

As revenues drop from new declining sales they have less incentive to continue investing in the server which has ever increasing demand on its resources.

Thing is, due to the way the boxes are sold there's no way to pay a topup fee after a set period to continue receiving the service.

The KV are unknown and secretive so they are not bothered about the consequences should they pull the plug. I mean whose gonna complain and to who exactly?

I guess like any pyramid scheme its those who get it early that reap the rewards...The later you get in the more chance you blows your money.

I just dont see this as a sustainable business model and cant see how it can last. Unless of course KV are a not for profit organisation, and just want to deliver cheap TV to the masses as they hate virgin/murdoch?

Very true, I was thinking that also but surley if they can do it then someone else sooner or later is gonna be able to crack it??

Some other forums are even more secretive...months ago, I put a post on a different forum where im a member about Kryptview A750s and I-connectors for CS. This was before A750 I-connectors were widely available..

The mods on the forum deleted my post and sent me a PM saying "keep this information to yourself, we are trying to keep this quiet for as long as possible.." LOL..

Just shows what goes on that most people dont get to hear about lol

hi what do you need to get one of these up and running is there a tut do you need images and things or is is it just plug and play dont know much about these cheers f

hi what do you need to get one of these up and running is there a tut do you need images and things or is is it just plug and play dont know much about these cheers f

it's a dodddle m8,
you just flash the box, connect it up and away you go....

dont think there is a tut on dw, but it's child play.
you will need a null modem cable and possibly a usb to seriel adaptor.

you will also need two files.
1. the kryptview loader
2. the latest bin file

both very easy to find.... :)

Hi there recieved my new box today A750, i have wireless broadband with vm, i have watched a set up video on youtube, someone has said something about having to connect this box to the computer to be able to continue, is this right? So far we have connected the box to the modem, and are stuck at the automatic searh page, selected the ntl network and started search, theres a green box on the screen which says complete!!! [EXIT] Its been like this for more than an hour, we havnt pressed any other buttons. Is this normal? Do we just leave it or do we need a RS-232 cable?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Hi there recieved my new box today A750, i have wireless broadband with vm, i have watched a set up video on youtube, someone has said something about having to connect this box to the computer to be able to continue, is this right? So far we have connected the box to the modem, and are stuck at the automatic searh page, selected the ntl network and started search, theres a green box on the screen which says complete!!! [EXIT] Its been like this for more than an hour, we havnt pressed any other buttons. Is this normal? Do we just leave it or do we need a RS-232 cable?

The 'EXIT' means press 'exit' on the remote

hi m8 have flashed the box ? u need a null serial lead and preferabley a computer with a serial port

mick

Hi buddy, thanks for the advice, have now got the RS-232, do i just connect it all up and it will sort itself out?

Thanks again

Not keen on giving advice to other peoples customers but here goes, this once.

I take it you bought an A780 and not the older A750?
If so

To flash the box you need a NULL MODEM cable.

Connect the cable to the box and the PC
Open the Software.
Press Download.
Switch the box OFF and ON.
Dowload will start. ( you will see a progress bar) (If it doesnt start check you have selected the right com port)
Takes about 2 minutes to flash.
The Software will show Download Complete.

Scanning the box.
Connect box to your cable feed.
Power On box.
Very bottom ADVANCE SEARCH.
Choose your Cable provider ( NTL, TELEWEST etc)
Press GREEN for start search.
A box will open with areas. Choose your local area or the nearest to it.
Start search.
When search is finished press exit.
Now connect your Ethernet cable to your box and Router.
Job done.

Not keen on giving advice to other peoples customers but here goes, this once.

I take it you bought an A780 and not the older A750?
If so

To flash the box you need a NULL MODEM cable.

Connect the cable to the box and the PC
Open the Software.
Press Download.
Switch the box OFF and ON.
Dowload will start. ( you will see a progress bar) (If it doesnt start check you have selected the right com port)
Takes about 2 minutes to flash.
The Software will show Download Complete.

Scanning the box.
Connect box to your cable feed.
Power On box.
Very bottom ADVANCE SEARCH.
Choose your Cable provider ( NTL, TELEWEST etc)
Press GREEN for start search.
A box will open with areas. Choose your local area or the nearest to it.
Start search.
When search is finished press exit.
Now connect your Ethernet cable to your box and Router.
Job done.
didnt realise this forum was to help our customers i thought it was to help members and get the crack ?

Back