Kodi on PC

ok if had a very good look at this today found a lot out about the program just one thing if anyone can help me please I would like to be able to minimise kodi instead of ctrl alt and delete ive gone in to system and settings but cant find anything to do it

ok if had a very good look at this today found a lot out about the program just one thing if anyone can help me please I would like to be able to minimise kodi instead of ctrl alt and delete ive gone in to system and settings but cant find anything to do it

Just press the windows key on your keyboard mate

yes thanks lads just tried them and they both do what I want cheers chaps

ps for anyone else you can ctrl alt and delete then right click on kodi then minimize it then you can see your icons on your desktop

Last edited:
this is turning out to be challenging :)

I don’t know if this will help you but here goes anyway:

On an android box, after kodi and then the wookie are installed, if you turn the box off from the turn off button, you will get some or all of the problems that you are getting.

The only way to avoid it is to pull the cord off the android box after install otherwise the installation will not take properly.

So what I am saying is after you install the wookie, you need pull the cord off the box, but how do you do that on a computer without risking other damage.

Control alt delete is the only way but in your case it would seem that is not enough.

So just for once after you install the wookie shut it down somehow with a shock like pulling the mains lead off.

This is probably what it needs, same as we do on an android box.

But I’m not taking any responsibility if anything goes wrong, do it at your own risk

Click on system / appearance / skin /

And change to your heart’s content

My one is confluence customizable mode

Attachments

• 1 System apearance.png
    1 System apearance.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 2 skin.png
    2 skin.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 3 confluence customizable mode.png
    3 confluence customizable mode.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 7
If you haven’t got those 4 options on the skin page, that means it didn’t install properly and I don’t think you can do a lot about it other than getting it to install correctly.

I have installed this on my Fire Stick its telling me theres an update in the wookie wizard but I cant find the wookie wizard anybody point me in the right direction?

I have installed this on my Fire Stick its telling me theres an update in the wookie wizard but I cant find the wookie wizard anybody point me in the right direction?

If wookie is already installed it should be in media portal mate.

But if you want to do an update of the wookie you should always delete your data first otherwise the wookie doesn't update properly.

once you delete your data and go back to kodi homepage, you will find the wookie in video / add-on

Bare in mind that when you delete your data it wipes all kodi apps

I don’t know if this will help you but here goes anyway:

On an android box, after kodi and then the wookie are installed, if you turn the box off from the turn off button, you will get some or all of the problems that you are getting.

The only way to avoid it is to pull the cord off the android box after install otherwise the installation will not take properly.

So what I am saying is after you install the wookie, you need pull the cord off the box, but how do you do that on a computer without risking other damage.

Control alt delete is the only way but in your case it would seem that is not enough.

So just for once after you install the wookie shut it down somehow with a shock like pulling the mains lead off.

This is probably what it needs, same as we do on an android box.

But I’m not taking any responsibility if anything goes wrong, do it at your own risk

can do a soft boot i suppose

can do a soft boot i suppose

I dont think a soft boot will do it you need a hard boot

you could just not click the OK button and just hold down the power button until the system reboots

I dont think a soft boot will do it you need a hard boot

you could just not click the OK button and just hold down the power button until the system reboots

thats wot i meant haha...ye that done the trick, still got puzzle icons on shortcuts. i deleted the textiles file and they now ok in the add on page but the favorite shortcuts are still missing...hard work guys lol..

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

thats wot i meant haha...ye that done the trick, still got puzzle icons on shortcuts. i deleted the textiles file and they now ok in the add on page but the favorite shortcuts are still missing...hard work guys lol..

View attachment 90120

View attachment 90121

Well done mate.

unfortunately as far as I know, the puzzles can only be fixed by a second update of the wookie

i think it defo needs to be worked on. pity that was outside my skills tho

But what a wonderfully rewarding hobby, and once your sorted you'll never have the same problems again.

just followed the instructions from post 1 and it went flawlessly for me using a mxq box running android, once it completed i just unplugged box from power and when i rebooted it was all as it should be, with 3 different profiles for the setup, thanks for posting pal.

just followed the instructions from post 1 and it went flawlessly for me using a mxq box running android, once it completed i just unplugged box from power and when i rebooted it was all as it should be, with 3 different profiles for the setup, thanks for posting pal.

Thanks for the update mate; maybe your statement will give others the confidence to try it for themselves

couldn't have went easier, great build aswell, just need to figure out how to back it all up for a few other boxes family have.

Last edited:
Back