kia sedona 2.9 crdi L

thebigyin

Inactive User
Reaction score
AT THE EDGE OF LIFE WE ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT LIFE
2002 (52) plate KIA sedona 2.9 crdi L
just wondering if anyone has owned one or got some experience as i have one and it is running fine Ive had it about 6 months now but since i got it i have needed to put around 1 to 1 and a half litre of water in the coolant system every 2 to 3 weeks its concerning me as the KIA has no min or max for the water it goes into the radiator cap the min and max is only on the reserve water tank if it over heats etc which it has never done but just wondering if that is normal as not all cars has to full to the top with water any help would be great thanks.. i dont know if im doin the car any favours filling it to the top with water every 2 to 3 weeks

Thats not the reserve tank thats where you top up your coolant/water if needed,its also where you judge your water level from,

if you are needing to top up every couple of weeks then you either have a leak somewhere or your head gasket is starting to go.

Thats not the reserve tank thats where you top up your coolant/water if needed,its also where you judge your water level from,

if you are needing to top up every couple of weeks then you either have a leak somewhere or your head gasket is starting to go.[/QUOTE
it is the reserve tank on they cars m8 i know any other cars have the tank with min/max etc but for some daft reason on the KIA that's for the over spill if it over heats..the tank i fill is just like the radiator tank and holds 6 litre of water but every 3 weeks it only has 4.5 litre in it I'm not sure if that is the max filling of water for these cars as Ive not had any problems with it but its annoying me

it is the reserve tank on they cars m8 i know any other cars have the tank with min/max etc but for some daft reason on the KIA that's for the over spill if it over heats..

Sorry m8 didnt realise that :(

Still reckon the rest of my post is true though ;)

i has read in other places that the KIA sedona has back water pipes as well but i haven't noticed any leaks i need to double check tho..i thought if it was the head i would of seen some white gunge in the oil bye now as that's over 6 months now..any advise from people that has owned or got experience in them would be much appreciated as I'm hoping I'm worrying over nothing lol

I'd get it checked if you're putting that much coolant in. There's something amiss. Better safe than sorry and at least if it's a leak, it should be cheap to put right.

I'd get it checked if you're putting that much coolant in. There's something amiss. Better safe than sorry and at least if it's a leak, it should be cheap to put right.

i know m8 but its not leaking as i double checked tonight but its running fine the temp gage is staying half way and no water is mixing with the oil..so i don't know if the water level is suppose to be down where it is or not

i know m8 but its not leaking as i double checked tonight but its running fine the temp gage is staying half way and no water is mixing with the oil..so i don't know if the water level is suppose to be down where it is or not

Maybe it's only leaking under pressure as you're driving around? I believe on diesel engines the coolant pressure can get quite high as you're driving.

I've seen HGVs with bodged coolant hose runs with high pressure silicone hose and over a short space of time the coolant pressure has ruptured the hose.

run a sniff test on it to see if headgasket faulty.when starting from cold does it missfire and then clear pointing to water in cylinder,pressure test it also,i dont think i would be adding a mix until sorted,use water until fault found.

Have you been able to check if there's any contamination in the coolant?

Have you tried using leak detection dye?

leak sniffer aint so hot on diesels anyway IMHO

does this car have coolant system bleed nipples ?
as it might be air locked
and it could also be a faulty rad or header tank cap ?
all well worth looking at or getting pressure tested

before you start spending money on sniffer fluid ect

found the problem there is a leak from the heat core metal pipe just under the drivers door that runs from front to back heaters,,i hack sawed a 2 inch corroded pipe where it was leaking from and replaced it with a heavy duty rubber one problem solved thanks for all your help guys

hope someone can help i recently bought a kia sedona 2.9 crdi,i thought the head was away but it appears to be fine ,could anyone explain why i would have oil in the water??? is there a known problem with this issue

look at the the oil cooler if it has one might be porous ?

Did you ever solve this problem because I have the same thing

there is a leak from the heat core metal pipe just under the drivers door that runs from front to back heaters,,i hack sawed a 2 inch corroded pipe where it was leaking from and replaced it with a heavy duty rubber one problem solved..after you give your car a run mate look under the drivers site of the car and if its the pipes you will see the drip and it costs under £10 to replace the pipe with a good rubber one hope this helped you buddy

Back