Is there a way ?

chadda

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This boiler is working fine but the annoying thing about it is you have to shut down every radiator manually by hand if you just want hot water there's no water only control
The min max control dial will not go to minimum on the heating side 😤 any thoughts or has it passed self life

Attachments

• 20220504_142719.jpg
    20220504_142719.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220504_144349.jpg
    20220504_144349.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hot water should be priority when turned on. Has the boiler always acted in this way.

Does immersion have a tap for heating that instead of radiators as i know i have a spin tap and when closed i get warmer rads and open hotter immersion?

Our old central heating system had something we were told was a "Summer valve", this turned off all rads except the bathroom one by closing a rose-shaped tap. When we bought the house, we asked previous owners what do we do in summer when we don't want hot rads and they said we turn all rads off one by one, it wasn't until we had a plumber in for an unrelated job who told us about the summer valve.

Maybe you have similar?

Thanks for responding chaps as you can see in the pics there's no switch or button saying radiators on hot water only just seem wierd could get a hive for it but don't know if it will work plus £150 + probably just persevere as is

Thanks for responding chaps as you can see in the pics there's no switch or button saying radiators on hot water only just seem wierd could get a hive for it but don't know if it will work plus £150 + probably just persevere as is
The left one is for radiators and the right one for taps
turn the left knob to off, see arrows shows which is which
20220504_142719.jpg

How much force have you applied on the radiator heating control knob. I can’t understand why it would jam in that position 🤔

Also do you have a separate thermostat that controls your heating ?

Ohh the knob is broken if won't go to min, my bad
Am I glad I asked ( Joe to the rescue haha ) thought will have a look at said broken knob see if what's wrong applied a it of pressure on it
And feck me CLICK goes to off 😂😂 so not broke just resistance for on off ( nice one Joe 👍 )

Attachments

• 20220504_174948.jpg
    20220504_174948.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 11
Am I glad I asked ( Joe to the rescue haha ) thought will have a look at said broken knob see if what's wrong applied a it of pressure on it
And feck me CLICK goes to off 😂😂 so not broke just resistance for on off ( nice one Joe 👍 )
May the 4th be with you ;)
🤣 :rolleyes:

Same as my Worcestershire boiler when the knob is turned passed the e it clicks, then when you need to turn it down you have to apply a little bit of pressure for it to click and then you can turn it down to the minimum if needed.
@chadda do you have a separate thermostat controlling the boiler heating, as you have the heating on constant from what I can see from your pictures.
Also you should not have to adjust the heating control to get the hot water to run at the correct temperature. The boiler is not working correctly imo and the diverter could be sticking and causing the domestic hot water problem.

Last edited:
Isn't that a combi boiler ?? : with my Worcester Bosch combi I don't need the central heating on to get water ; I just turn on a tap and the boiler starts heating tap water....

Isn't that a combi boiler ?? : with my Worcester Bosch combi I don't need the central heating on to get water ; I just turn on a tap and the boiler starts heating tap water....
Yes it is a combo boiler. His issue is he has to turn all his rads off or turn the heating control knob down to min to get hot water.
Which means their is an issue with the boiler.
The domestic hot water on a combo should be priority, so when you turn a hot water tap on the diverter should divert the heat to the domestic hot water.
I have asked him if he has a separate thermostat for the heating side but he has not replied.
From his pictures the heating on his boiler is on constant if he does not have a separate thermostat and maybe controlled by thermostatic radiator valves, which is not ideal.

Yep cheers avid all sorted radiators all off plenty of hot water like I said didn't realise the knob needs a bit off pressure to turn off & on

Yep cheers avid all sorted radiators all off plenty of hot water like I said didn't realise the knob needs a bit off pressure to turn off & on
You should not have to turn your heating off to get hot water with a combo boiler. Also do you have a separate thermostat in your house that controls the heating.

Back