Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

khan fix or not? YES

my brother fought khan as an amature and most people there thought he won not khan his fights are fixed b4 tonight my bro was the only 1 to floor him now khan wont have a rematch cos he knows warren cant buy him hes hyped up by warren

Are you saying amateur fights are fixed aswell ?

I do agree that there probably is dodgy dealings in some boxing matches but you can't take it away from Khan last night, he was knocked on his arse and got up and fought back well.

I still am not convinced about him, he needs to fight some better fighters but he did wel last night. IMHO.

were ever there is a lot of money and odds of two outcomes..........there is always cheating, betting, fixing..........you know thats true

Still not convinced with Khan, although he is still learning, but I would say that if that had been a bigger puncher last night, he would have been seriously knocked out. Think Khan has to keep his feet on the ground and learn to keep his defenses tighter,because come up against a guy thats got a reputation of knocking people out and he'll go. Remember anyone can be knocked out.

I dont think Amir Khan would be scared of your brother, he has achieved alot and is a great boxer, no way amateurs are fixed, i think your just sore

Fight fixing Goes on in all ranks of boxing. I know that to be a Fact. But what makes you think last nights was rigged.?

As for Khan i would have loved him to take a slap, And he did and won. No way last nights was a fix IMO, And i dont even like khan.

l cant believe anyone would think that was a fix . he got hit with a good shot and l wouldnt say he was chinny he got hit , even Calzaghe got caught in the same way a came back to win was that a fix lol no it wasnt , i boxed for years and lm telling u if u get caught there not alot going on in the brain area lads , to recover like that takes heart and to break his nose and chin after is even better . l too would love to see him on his arse and cheered when he did . but he has showed me that he has some talent after all

Willie Limond believes he was robbed of his Commonwealth lightweight title against Amir Khan on Saturday because as referee Marcus McDonnell gave the Bolton man a long count after his knockdown in round six.

Khan, 20, was in desperate trouble and visited the canvas after shipping some hefty right hands from the Glaswegian but showed fighting spirit to come back and win.

Limond was retired after by his corner after eight pulsating rounds with what is now reported to be perforated ear drum and a swollen jaw.

But Limond told The Herald newspaper that Khan was technically knocked out.

"I'm sore, not because of the damage I did but because I have just watched a tape of the fight." the 28-year-old said.

"We sat in front of the telly. Billy Nelson (trainer) timed it.

"Thirteen seconds - the time it took the referee to count Khan to his feet. Not nine. Not even 10.

"I couldn't believe it. I still can't.

"He should have been counted out. No question.

"He was out on his feet, although he'll more than likely deny it.

"His eyes were all over the place. He had been counted out. Only not by the referee's timekeeping. There's no debate.

"I've gone from being angry with myself for not finishing the job to angry to what I have just watched on the telly.

"There's no point in appealing. The fight's over. I lost. Only now I know I didn't. I'm gutted."

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_2521-Limond-claims-he-knocked-Khan-out.html

khan has twice been given long counts now and gets special treatment for foneys you will all find out soon enough he should not be fighting as a lightwieght hes too heavy any other boxer would be forced to move up wieght or lose wieght he was given too long to recover from that knock down and the fight should have been stopped cos he never knew what day it was i have seen fights were the guy got up in 2 secs and his legs wasnt wobbling like khans and ref stopped fight

oh yeh and for all you doubters his jaws not broken.

Last edited:
if you watch closely, the reason the count dragged was because khan jestured to the ref that he was pushed down with the use of the arm, the count was normal, still cant understand why the man can't accept he lost to the better boxer!

i no now it wasnt limond taking a pay check he was just robbed never wanted the fight to be stopped he wanted to carry on but the big man with the big wallet jumped in.

if he pushed him he would have had a point deducted he never soon as a fighters glove or knee or head touches canvas ref counts wich he did.

khan cant argue the fact it was a long count i got 14 secs when i timed it and when i get the vid of khan and watson ill post it and well see how long that count is.

bah, ok i aint a big fan of amir khan but he is a good fighter, full of heart, why dont you just accept that he beat your brother fairly, do you really think you bro can beat him now?

I know you are probably only trying to make a point Mikeeyb but the more you try the more it is looking like sour grapes. If you hadn't mentioned your brother then that may have been different.

I have already said I aint sure at all about Khan....but I am going to give him credit for getting up and fighting back well.

bah, ok i aint a big fan of amir khan but he is a good fighter, full of heart, why dont you just accept that he beat your brother fairly, do you really think you bro can beat him now?

my bro is a welterwieght he has tried to get khan to fight him but khan backed off he scared he will not fight any1 with a good rep what does that tell you i no my bro would ko him khan has a glass jaw were as my bro can take a punch and give a punch and i was there at watson khan fight and most in the arena was dissapointed that khan won they all thought craig had it.

there has been a lot of guys waiting to fight for that title and then that tit comes along and gets a shot straight away well now hes going to after defend it lets see if he fights a bumb again or some 1 who can fight

Back