Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

khan fix or not? YES

I know you are probably only trying to make a point Mikeeyb but the more you try the more it is looking like sour grapes. If you hadn't mentioned your brother then that may have been different.

I have already said I aint sure at all about Khan....but I am going to give him credit for getting up and fighting back well.

well i think i have proved my point but all you doubters will soon find out. fewkes is dropping down to light weight just to fight khan and silence him well hope this happens soon cos i cant stand this tit being at the top of the game when there is 30 better fighters thats been waiting to fight for that title

well i think i have proved my point but all you doubters will soon find out.

Nope! All us doubters will have to wait and see (thats most of us then!) I agree he has been spoon fed some opponents but what can he do apart from beat them? He is no different from other fighters - you have to get your experience somewhere. He won silver medal and was made high profile from that so it is hard to argue that he should be behind all the other fighters who have not got same saleability. I think he will come up against some better fighters soon and that is when we will see whether he is real deal or not but I saw him at Cardiff and he looked good to me, I wouldn't argue with him! lol

Mikeey...the only time when you will prove your point is if Khan fights your brother and your brother beats him. If your brother is as good as you say, then thats great, we will have someone else to cheer for. Its impossible for us to give an opinion if we have never seen your brother fight, but I hope he makes it, we need good boxers.

As for Khan...I have my doubts, but he has done what has been asked of him so far, so fair play to him. Until he meets the good fighters, we will never know the truth.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/s/180/180446_boxing_amir_lays_down_challenge.html

doesnt look like amir khan is scared, he said that watson threw 1 good punch that knocked him down thats it, unless youve got a video of the fight

"People are jealous because they see me getting all this attention. I got that in my amateur days. People said I was just being built up, that I qualified for the Olympics easily and fights were fixed. But I don't think anything of it. I know I did it the hard way.

Sounds like someone i knw

well i think i have proved my point but all you doubters will soon find out. fewkes is dropping down to light weight just to fight khan and silence him well hope this happens soon cos i cant stand this tit being at the top of the game when there is 30 better fighters thats been waiting to fight for that title

so how come your brother hasn't made it in the big time yet?

because hes not hyped up by warren and craig had a interview saying he wanted khan a fight but never came off he still wants him a fight and is fighting for a title himself in september and theres 100 s of boxers better than craig and khan that no 1 has heard of ever there just not hyped up by warren and cant get the oppertunity.

these days its not just the fighter that makes himself a rep its the manager aswell the reason khan is bigtime is cos he said he will fight for this country and his manager is good at his job as for the vid im trying to get hold of it but heres some pics after this fight he fought dorian and got a pasting but came back to win.

I think Khan was tested in this fight and I hope he can learn from he's mistakes. Mikeey I think even great boxers have been knocked out in armature boxing, khan himself admitted in the interview that he was knocked out once.
ICE2004 there might be such case but like other sports, video evidence should be used or even boxing pundits should make a case for it or just accept referee decision to be final.

Hmm its very tough to tell if a fight is fixed unless one guy takes a blatant dive. Everyone seems to be saying that the fight wasnt fixed but no one has supported their comments. If you have a very good understanding of boxing its easier to tell but I really doubt we have many experts on the forum (aside from sideysid ofcourse). No one knows if it was fixed.

Both boxers boxed well and it was a good fight, it always is when there is more heart than technical ability.

The Khan count was long but that happens in boxing so its tough luck for his opponent. I am hoping that Khan goes on and becomes a true champion but I doubt it from what I have seen so far. Good luck to the bloke anyway he's got an uphill battle IMO.

Back