iPhone Just ordered i phone

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
so guys what do I do now ?

i am confused with the talk about jail braking etc :Smileysex

Please advise :licka:

cheers buddy I assume jail break is not unlocked ?

What apps can i run if its jailbroken ?

What do i need to jail break ?

I assume the phone will be 2.2

You are aware you cant send or receive MMS messages without using 3rd party apps

You can't send and receive MMS period. O2 have blocked iphone contracts from the MMS service, so even if do get the settings of the t'internet and put them into SwirlyMMS it won't work.

May do so if you have an older iphone and set it up a while ago but def don't work now unless somebody has some circumvention method.

Once jailbroken and modify the mobile installation file you can install any app.

why would they block mms ? whats the big problem ?

no idea but i tried it a zillion different ways and every time it gets blocked or you get a SMS saying you do not have suffiient permissions and trying to get an o2 customer service member to understand is a nightmare.

Think it basically boils down to the billing, quite possibly might be difficult to police i.e. 1 MMS = 4 SMS but as MMS runs over the GPRS, which you get free on iphone, you would basically be getting it free.

In any event the picture emailing works really well so i just use that. Excellent if you;re sending to a Blackberry or iphone but not ideal if the recipient doesn't have instant email access

no idea but i tried it a zillion different ways and every time it gets blocked or you get a SMS saying you do not have suffiient permissions and trying to get an o2 customer service member to understand is a nightmare.

Think it basically boils down to the billing, quite possibly might be difficult to police i.e. 1 MMS = 4 SMS but as MMS runs over the GPRS, which you get free on iphone, you would basically be getting it free.

In any event the picture emailing works really well so i just use that. Excellent if you;re sending to a Blackberry or iphone but not ideal if the recipient doesn't have instant email access

yeh thanks for that I would agree with the e mail but as you say not everyone has that

the camera is only 2 megs anyway with no flash bit disapointing if it had a good camera and flash it would no doubt be the best phone out there

Thats true Allroad, thats why I plumped for the N96.

I send and receive a lot of MMS from friends and family.

I got my N96 on 3 which has iplayer and unlimited net access.

Back