Just had a VM engineer out

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Modem was acting up, no upstream lock. He gave me a tut tut for having custom connections saying I could be charged for the call out, but he then proceeded to change them all and found me a better connection on the street box. Think he knows I'm running all sorts of boxes, but didn't seem to mind. Had some arseholes from VM over the years, so credit where it is due.

My advice would be always put your setup back to how VM installed it before an engineer came out otherwise your asking for trouble. Next engineer may not be as generous.

My advice would be always put your setup back to how VM installed it before an engineer came out otherwise your asking for trouble. Next engineer may not be as generous.

I know what you're saying, but I had v+ installed last year and had a custom wire using those shitty little screw on connections and the engineer never even bothered to replace them just used that connection to connect the box. Just depends on luck I suppose

I know what you're saying, but I had v+ installed last year and had a custom wire using those shitty little screw on connections and the engineer never even bothered to replace them just used that connection to connect the box. Just depends on luck I suppose

that was propably the fault the screw on f's are not that good

they are fine for static cables provided you prepare the cable properly

they are fine for static cables provided you prepare the cable properly

you put it so much better than me wonko, how are you mate long time no speak .....i prefer to clamp thats all.....lol

I would too but cant justify the cost of the compresion tool for only a few connections

not too bad atm lol

Back