Just fixed my first YLOD faulty ps3

JIMMYQ

DW Regular
Reaction score
well im well chuffed with meself had my nephew round today who took his ps3 to some repair place who wanted £80 to repair the ylod fault. Anyhow he phoned me to ask if the price was ok so i said bring it round ive got a couple of hours spare ill have a play with it. My first attempt :banana:
was wasy to dismantle well alot easier than some laptops ive tried...lol

anyhow overall it took me in an hour to fix must say its pretty easy :)

so guys if you have a faulty one repair them yourself its a piece of piss all you need is some thermal compound cost me a fiver and a heatgun :proud:

hello nice one with that my nephew has a 60 gig was your nephews a 60 gig also ? what guide did yo follwo and what compond did you use ? someone looked at my nephews and did the fix but still didnt work

well im well chuffed with meself had my nephew round today who took his ps3 to some repair place who wanted £80 to repair the ylod fault. Anyhow he phoned me to ask if the price was ok so i said bring it round ive got a couple of hours spare ill have a play with it. My first attempt :banana:
was wasy to dismantle well alot easier than some laptops ive tried...lol

anyhow overall it took me in an hour to fix must say its pretty easy :)

so guys if you have a faulty one repair them yourself its a piece of piss all you need is some thermal compound cost me a fiver and a heatgun :proud:

I don't want to piss on your fire, but I'll bet you a tenner that it fails within a fortnight. ;)

You might, if you are lucky, get a month out of it :)

I don't want to piss on your fire, but I'll bet you a tenner that it fails within a fortnight. ;)

You might, if you are lucky, get a month out of it :)

well they say it should last a few months then it might need to be done again should take me 30 mins next time :banana: as i have to wait for it to cool down so i dont mind better than paying someone £80 a pop

As the guarantee is out and sony want £125

Yup, it's a decent fix if you are doing it for yourself, however mine died after the 4th time I mended it :(

I think I must have overheated it :)

best thing to do is trade it in, while its working, and buy a new slim

thats the best thing u can do mate thats what i would do anyways.
my mate fixed his then it went again

i absolutely agree with this.... now its up and running again, i'd go and trade it for a slim. These 'diy' ylod fixes are temporary fixes and sooner rather than later its gona ylod again....

Back