Just fired up an old cb radio

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dug it out of the shed, put a mag mount on the car and just been out. And can confirm its dead. There was one local guy and a couple of others where one of them was 80 miles away.

Its that quiet that nobody was dragging his signal down.

Shame as thought it might have been a bit livelier, will keep it out for a few weeks then back in the shed for another few years until i find it again and do the same.

Even with digital media, you think it would still be useful/fun for car users/truckers.

Break a signal check!...................................?

bought a whole brand new set up a few yrs back just to find out there was no fkr there :(

made a thread on here about it i think.
Still got it all, sitting in the boxes new.

I will stick with my good old fashioned yogurt pots at least the wife is talking to me. For now ;)

I think that all died out when email / chat rooms became available... I was on it too....lol

cb still going espically during skip conditions..

pop over to transmission1.co.uk and see whos about... ive got a uk 40 rig waiting to go up when i move to a house as planning permission here dont allow me..

the hams are still at it as well.. could just be a dead area..

CB in itself seems dead these days... although the old 11mtr DX comes in now and then ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Definitely will check again, as it was bank holiday, it may have not been the best time to check. I have been on here and its been quiet on b/h's. People have more exotic things to do.

I had one of these in my cb days good fun, and some great eyeballs as well. Remember pulling over and getting the old swr meter out to tweek up the signal. Happy Days. :)

0004601477101_300X300.jpg

We used to have a good laugh on the CB years ago... I made a few quid aswel fixing them... one of the main things to go was the reverse polarity diode. People always mixed the black and red wires up. I think the diode cost about 25p from webbs electronics in warrington. I charged £20 to repair it. It made a dead CB light up.

Other things to go where the PA Transistors, PPL's and the audio chip..... ahh them were the days..

I used to have a president Lincoln rig with Antron 99 pole. Wicked lot of kit.

Was busy back in the day.

I had the Antron 99 for years mate... they still work well on a few of the amateur bands, with an atu.

Just ordered a set of low profile aerial brackets. Plan is too put a little satellite dish up to have a play with in the shed, but might stick up my old 5/8 wave aerial for a while too.

[wpe7588447_01_1a.jpg

I am a radio ham, not active these days had some fun during lift conditions yes I think the internet put pay to long scheds
call sign is g7 dpv just in case there are oldish hams on here

Back