Jtag'd TM800 Vs normal

Hmm not sure actualy i think i saw a post somewere that a member reset the box via miniweb?

telnet works when miniweb is loaded so i guess you could delete "rm" stuff via that if you know the right area to wipe.

ive managed to create a working copy of the image on the new receivers ;)

it even brought the receiver i killed back to life :proud:

and its possible on the one ive now got, to create a DW modified version, untill the source code gets updated anyway ;)

ive managed to create a working copy of the image on the new receivers ;)

it even brought the receiver i killed back to life :proud:

and its possible on the one ive now got, to create a DW modified version, untill the source code gets updated anyway ;)

Excellent news. I can now send my box back to be updated :)

Where did you get and How did you fit a thermal switch mate?

When someone has a working jtagged box can they telnet in and issue the following command.
hdparm -Tt /dev/sda
.... assuming the internal disk is still /dev/sda

Results for the original box are

Please then post your result.

How do you telnet that command, never done it before... The internal hdd I have installed is the WD5000BEVT Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 5400RPM SATA-II 8MB

just telnet 192.168.?.? (put in your settings)
root

then just copy and paste
hdparm -Tt /dev/sda
it will then output the data to the screen.
hdparm -Tt /dev/sda >/tmp/hdd.txt
will put it into a file called hdd.txt in /tmp

sorry perhaps I wasnt clear but how do you telnet? Do you just open command prompt? Using windows 7 btw

Last edited:
I cannot comment on Windows (I only use Linux and Unix boxes) but normally any decent file manager will have a drop down tool list that includes 'open a terminal'. Such terminals are also commonly called 'command windows'. 'DOS boxes', in fact anything that opens a window with a textual command prompt. Try typing 'telnet' in your windows help box.

Ignore, took too long typing reply........

@ Jimux, dont go anywhere for 5 mins m8, im just trying something, and will post results

This is from a jtagged receiver, running the same HDD i had fitted internally, but now connected via USB

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

This is from the same drive, connected via USB on a receiver that HAS NOT been jtagged, but has been flashed with an image i managed to create FROM a jtagged receiver

Code:

and heres the same hdd, again by USB, on the SAME unjtagged receiver, running an older image for non jtagged receivers

Code:

Last edited:
so the none jtagged reciever is faster?

No the jtagged one is faster but you can also increase the speed on the old boxes if you use a new image from a jtagged receiver.

At least thats the way I read it :)

Interesting result. Do a cat /proc/cpuinfo on the box that was copied from the jtagged box. I think that will show why the difference, and also a top command.

Can someone who has had their box jtagged let me know how long it takes for the "Main menu" to appear after pressing the MENU button on your remote.

Currently taking me approx. 5 secs (not jtagged)

Back