Jtag'd TM800 Vs normal

the cpuinfo and top command both show like a jtagged receiver

So just by flashing the new image from a jtagged box to a non-jtagged box it almost has the same effect hmm :)

Can someone who has had their box jtagged let me know how long it takes for the "Main menu" to appear after pressing the MENU button on your remote.

Currently taking me approx. 5 secs (not jtagged)

mine takes 1 sec ,its a none jtagged,so it must be something else.

so ,does it mean that if i load a dw modified(from a jtagged one)i dont need to send my box back to TM?it would save alot of £:Clap:

so ,does it mean that if i load a dw modified(from a jtagged one)i dont need to send my box back to TM?it would save alot of £:Clap:

i would NOT recommend this m8

while the jtagged image DOES show improved drive speeds, theyre still half the speed of a jtagged machine. The first few DW modified images that will be released for jtagged machines will carry a warning that theyre only to be used on Jtag receivers, using on non jtag receivers will be done at owners risk, and may possibly void any TM warranty

i risked it, and bricked a machine, AFTER talking to technomate about what i was planning, and after checking that if i did completley kill the receiver, if it could still be changed under warranty.

I was told that if it worked at all, it would be VERY unstable, and that it wasnt recommended

Took my box up today and got it done in 20 mins. Big improvements on tuner. Put my WD hard drive in and maybe expected too much. Recordings from encrypted hd channels are a lot better but still a bit glitchy. I was hoping this would sort the problem out but now I will wait for the new image to see if there is any improvement. Anyone else still got glitching on encrypted hd channels on internal hd recordings? If anyone is glitch free I would be grateful if you could let me know what internal hd you are using.

Back