Jtag'd TM800 Vs normal

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
attached are 2 screenshots of telnet showing the CPU useage

one shot is of a normal TM800, the other is the new Jtag'd one

So what you saying Digidude, the jtag version using less cpu % which therefore increases better performance?

In your assessment is it worth getting this done?

im going to do a lot more playing yet m8, ive already managed to break it :proud: but the speed is much better, ive not yet seen any random cogs, and to drop CPU useage from 98% to 5% is quite an achievement

im lucky enough to have the jtagged and normal versions to compare, to look at, theyre identical, so some programming wizadry has gone on to free up so much resources

as for 'is it worth it' if the box works, and youre happy with it as it is, and cant really see yourself wanting much more out of the box, then 'if it aint broke' and all that

but

for the next few years, people will point back to these few threads while complaining about something or the other, especially when more boxes are sold on 2nd hand etc, and youll also have 'other' companies taking the posts, and twisting them to look like they mean something else

attached are 2 screenshots of telnet showing the CPU useage

one shot is of a normal TM800, the other is the new Jtag'd one

hi digidude

what about image(sw)size,is it still around 50 Mgb.

regards

it comes pre flashed. i originally understood that compiling an image from the latest source would be fine for these newer receivers, so i updated and compiled an image, flashed it onto the receiver, and killed it, oops, so now have to wait for the image from new source to be released, or source updated with latest drivers for reconfigured CPU so i can compile again and start over

but, it was a LOT faster than previous images

I'm deffo not having mine done until new image is available then. Not being funny but it doesn't take much to crash the bloody thing and if you can't get hold of the new image yourselves then what you supposed to do?

Is backing up installed image on your list of things to test? ;)

Last edited:
Tm told me on the phone that they hope to have the image out to the public very soon.

well soon as I get mine tomorrow Ill back it up (if possible) lol

I thought all they had done was loaded less processes hence the lower CPU usage, but if you look carefully you'll see that the drop is for the single Enigma2 kernel, that is one hell of an improvement.

I'll be sending mine off next monday, if the weather has improved.

the new image isnt released to the public yet, i dont have a copy either. but, the new image will be ~28Mb instead of 57.3Mb

the SVN that EVERYONE has access to for compiling their own images isnt yet updated, thats how i managed to kill my box, by flashing wrong NXP drivers onto it

a simple reflash with the correct image will fix it though, when i get it :)

Many thanks for that.

Post 3 in that thread says that we cannot create a backup after 30/08, this is still the case. In fact, none of those options are there (bouquet, emulator...)

Many thanks for that.

Post 3 in that thread says that we cannot create a backup after 30/08, this is still the case. In fact, none of those options are there (bouquet, emulator...)

The sensible thing to do is nothing.Wait until the image is made public so that there is an escape route before you start playing with the box

:proud::proud:

i cant seem to be able to back up this new image from miniweb, what if my box dies how can i reboot it

is it best to do a factory reset before sending box bakk?

sinky

When someone has a working jtagged box can they telnet in and issue the following command.
hdparm -Tt /dev/sda
.... assuming the internal disk is still /dev/sda

Results for the original box are
/ # hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 4 MB in 0.70 seconds = 5842 kB/s
Timing buffered disk reads: 3 MB in 3.88 seconds = 790 kB/s
/ #

Which is dreadful for a 1.5Ghz sata disk.

Please then post your result.

Back