Jtag Board for cloud ibox4?

Ok I bought the kit to replace the flash, needed a lot of heat around 315 before the factory solder melted, in the process that small resistor was blown off the board! Just waiting for the new chips to arrive (It was the same price for 5)P8310102.JPGP8310103.JPG

Looks like I will have to change the chip as I get "The starting offset is in a bad block...The operation has been terminated" when trying to flash the bootloader, I erased it but still the same :(

I have another board which broadcom worked ok on, I flashed numerous images on to afterwards but when I switch it on it still don't boot up.

Attachments

• Bad Bock.jpg
    Bad Bock.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Just an update I got a new chip on the board and broadcom flashed the bootloader on ok I then flashed a image on and it booted up so back up and running :)

Greetings all, Your thoughts on this please.

My new chips arrived and I set about replacing the flash, all seemed to go well with nice clean joints but when I plugged the board back in flash explorer tells me the chip I.D does not match telling me it's 91.

Thinking I'd messed up I carefully removed that chip and tried another, this time the manufacturer did not match, I tried a third and the I.D did not match.

I'm thinking these £0.94 pence chips may be rejects ?

- - - Updated - - -
@Fergalsworld

Did you use hot air and do you know the temperature, I've had some weird stuff happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings all, Your thoughts on this please.

My new chips arrived and I set about replacing the flash, all seemed to go well with nice clean joints but when I plugged the board back in flash explorer tells me the chip I.D does not match telling me it's 91.

Thinking I'd messed up I carefully removed that chip and tried another, this time the manufacturer did not match, I tried a third and the I.D did not match.

I'm thinking these £0.94 pence chips may be rejects ?

- - - Updated - - -
@Fergalsworld

Did you use hot air and do you know the temperature, I've had some weird stuff happening.
Whats the long number on the toshiba chip? as i got the id dont match so i had to use the TC58NVG0S3ETA00 xm file

The guy that did it for me said he used infrared equipment to replace it so no hot air

Whats the long number on the toshiba chip? as i got the id dont match so i had to use the TC58NVG0S3ETA00 xm file

Thats the same chip :( in the xml the I.D should be 0xD1 or D1 but after clicking refresh The chip I.D I got was 91 so I'm thinking these chips are fakes / rebranded

Thats the same chip :( in the xml the I.D should be 0xD1 or D1 but after clicking refresh The chip I.D I got was 91 so I'm thinking these chips are fakes / rebranded
Does it say its connected in startup as i had to swap sda and sdl on the board for it to connect
I got my chips from from mixeshop

Yes it connects but complains the I.D is wrong returning 91 from the chip, I tried changing the xml to put the I.D 91 in there, but then it said start was in bad block.

these are the chips I ordered
New original TC58NVG0S3ETA00 TC58NVGOS3ETA00- aliexpress Lian Carols Store

Last edited:
I have downloaded the file and installed broadcom studio 3 but when I click on it to run it just spins for a few seconds and doesn't load the program. I have Windows 7 if that makes any difference?

Got broadcom working.

Anybody tell me where I attach the wires on the circuit board?

attachment.php

I found this in another post but no detail.

Is it easier just to change the chip?

Check post 6 of the thread
i had to swap SCL with SDA to get it to work

I have a new problem now. My computer won't recognize my EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB Development Core Board Logic Analyzer EEPROM #1181

I bought it on ebay. I have tried multiple drivers from the cypress site but no good.

In device manager it says it is an "Unknown Device" but anytime I try to install a new driver it says that the driver installed is the best one. Is there anyway to force it to use the new driver?

I have a new problem now. My computer won't recognize my EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB Development Core Board Logic Analyzer EEPROM #1181

I bought it on ebay. I have tried multiple drivers from the cypress site but no good.

In device manager it says it is an "Unknown Device" but anytime I try to install a new driver it says that the driver installed is the best one. Is there anyway to force it to use the new driver?

Use it on a window xp system never got it to recognise mine on windows 7 or above.

You should not install the drivers off the cypress site according to the tut
take note of page 2

As Ferret has said use an XP machine

Attachments

• VU JTag Broadcom Tools Anleitung (1).pdf
    357.1 KB · Views: 8
I borrowed an XP tower and installed Broadcom as I did on the windows 7 machine. When everything installed I ran it to make sure it was working. All ok loading fine.

I then connected the cable with the EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB

Still not finding the driver for the device (Unknown Device).

Can anyone send me the correct driver for this device please?

I borrowed an XP tower and installed Broadcom as I did on the windows 7 machine. When everything installed I ran it to make sure it was working. All ok loading fine.

I then connected the cable with the EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A USB

Still not finding the driver for the device (Unknown Device).

Can anyone send me the correct driver for this device please?

There is no driver for XP it picks it up without.

Have you removed the jumper ?

Back