Jtag Board for cloud ibox4?

Okay got this connected up to BBS today, when trying to download the cfe.bin file to flash it comes up with the bad block error. So i erased the entire flash and tried again. It still has the bad block error.
What dose this mean ? Is my nand chip fooked ??
Thanks

Okay got this connected up to BBS today, when trying to download the cfe.bin file to flash it comes up with the bad block error. So i erased the entire flash and tried again. It still has the bad block error.
What dose this mean ? Is my nand chip fooked ??
Thanks

Bad error block does not mean the flash is done in but it may as well be because it need reprogramming in an external programmer which means removing the flash from the board. BBS can not handle bad blocks.

Bad error block does not mean the flash is done in but it may as well be because it need reprogramming in an external programmer which means removing the flash from the board. BBS can not handle bad blocks.

Are there preflashed chips available ? If so please send me a link.
I take it a blank chip could be flashed by BBS anyway ??

had another one to do that wasn't connecting and showing the jtag board as unrecongised usb device. when board was on it own was ok but as soon as i connect box4 same thing. ended up removing and resoldering the sdl and sda cables and worked a treat after that. wee tip just incase anyone else has the same trouble

Did you switch the sdl and sda connections for bbs to pick it up
thanks

no just resoldered the pins on the ibox board. think they may have been connecting with each other

Can I ask if the boards usually come with a cable or do you have to sort them out for yourself?
If so, how easy is it? I assume you can use any old ribbon cable?

hi

i try to do jtag in my ibox 4 but in bbs3 when i try to put the XML file i have this error "Makes ID returned from the Flash.2C does not match".
i remove the Flash and by new one but i have the same error.
anyone with the same Problem?

hi

i try to do jtag in my ibox 4 but in bbs3 when i try to put the XML file i have this error "Makes ID returned from the Flash.2C does not match".
I have bricked mine :(
any chance of sending us the link were you purchased you cypress board from and is it a single jumper version.

I have bricked mine :(
any chance of sending us the link were you purchased you cypress board from and is it a single jumper version.

Ive sent you a link via PM mate.

- - - Updated - - -

hi

Your using the wrong flash file and this is where it can be difficult because different nand flashes can be found in what looks like identical boxes. Sometimes the nand flash has the model number erased off the chip make it near impossible to know what nad you have. Take a look.

In terms of jtagging nothing other than the jtag port is in a different position on the mobo. Of course the cypress board works.

The CFE/Bootloader to use is the Ferrari VU Duo version.
I take it i will also need the same file as mine is a ibox 4
do you any pointers were i can get the Ferrari VU Duo CFE/Bootloader file from please

My Cypress arrived this morning and I set about putting XP on an old lappy as I could not get anything working in win7. Soldered it all up ( found an easier 3.3v point, off a small cap just above the fan connection ) fired up BBS3 and got connected :)

Try to flash and ...... Bad Block syndrome :(:Cry: So I notice in BBS we can browse the registers / flags and stuff, perhaps we can remove the bad block table somehow. As it didn't even try to flash the chip it must have read a flag somewhere to tell it the flash is bad?

Or

Best way to replace the chip anyone ?

BTW my Cypres is a 2 jumper model which I've read dont work but mine connected ok.

My Cypress arrived this morning and I set about putting XP on an old lappy as I could not get anything working in win7. Soldered it all up ( found an easier 3.3v point, off a small cap just above the fan connection ) fired up BBS3 and got connected :)

Try to flash and ...... Bad Block syndrome :(:Cry: So I notice in BBS we can browse the registers / flags and stuff, perhaps we can remove the bad block table somehow. As it didn't even try to flash the chip it must have read a flag somewhere to tell it the flash is bad?

Or

Best way to replace the chip anyone ?

BTW my Cypres is a 2 jumper model which I've read dont work but mine connected ok.

You could try erase the chip but if that does not work as you suspect you can not recover a nand flash with a bad block with BBS.

The 2 jumper model does work it just not as reliable but if you got connected yours is fine. You dont even need to solder the 3.3v as it gets that power from the usb connection.

If you you tube vu+ solo2 nand replacement you'll get a lot of great guide for replacing the nand flash. Most use hot air.

Back