Jtag Board for cloud ibox4?

just did another box with the double jumper board.... only 3 wires required earth sda and sdl. remove jumper from side which cables go to into :proud:

please help me with my cloud ibox4 connections for jtag.
my cloud ibox4 is stuck on redlight.

I have a similar problem to what most encountered but the box is called a Magicbox mg2hd. Has exact same board and nand chip as the cloud ibox 4 clones / vu duo mini. I have seen the tut's provided by Ferret and looks like i should be able to accomplish as have the cypress board(single jumper) and cables.

Just installing xp on an old disc just now.

My question is I can't find a cfe file for this box I was wondering if the cloud ibox 4 / duo mini will do the job? And if so does this mean I need to install the images for these receivers?

One other thing i notice on the magicbox site when you download a cloud ibox 4 image there are two folders one with duo cfe.bin & one with magibox kernel & root.bin is this the cfe file i need to try and write with bbs3?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have a similar problem to what most encountered but the box is called a Magicbox mg2hd. Has exact same board and nand chip as the cloud ibox 4 clones / vu duo mini. I have seen the tut's provided by Ferret and looks like i should be able to accomplish as have the cypress board(single jumper) and cables.

Just installing xp on an old disc just now.

My question is I can't find a cfe file for this box I was wondering if the cloud ibox 4 / duo mini will do the job? And if so does this mean I need to install the images for these receivers?

One other thing i notice on the magicbox site when you download a cloud ibox 4 image there are two folders one with duo cfe.bin & one with magibox kernel & root.bin is this the cfe file i need to try and write with bbs3?

Thanks in advance

majic box clone is different but i reckon you could flash the ibox4 one but obviously youll need to stick with ibox 4 images then.

majic box clone is different but i reckon you could flash the ibox4 one but obviously youll need to stick with ibox 4 images then.

Thought that might be the case. Is it just the cfe.bin from the duo folder I use then? Plan using your pbnigma image looks good if I can get this to work.

Any ideas where is can get the bcm file for bbs3? Can't see it in download section?

Can you clarify for me the soldering points. Do the go directly on to what looks like little metal points on two small chips. Or are they at the side just the arrows are not quite clear and don't want to solder to wrong point. The gnd is fine OK just the other three.

Can you clarify for me the soldering points. Do the go directly on to what looks like little metal points on two small chips. Or are they at the side just the arrows are not quite clear and don't want to solder to wrong point. The gnd is fine OK just the other three.

Directly to the solder points the small chips are on.

Directly to the solder points the small chips are on.

Doesn't seem to be working for me using windows xp 32 bit followed the instructions to the letter and all the software and drivers installed no problem. When powering on box red light comes on on cypress board but fails to connects. Got bcm97335 showing and used the msi to install. But just shows disconnected in bbs. Not the best solderer in the world most likely that. Thanks for your help mate.

Swap the SDA and SCL around and see if it connects.

If not physically check the nand flash product code to see if it matches what your using of the drop down.

By mistake I updated my ibox4 and now I have red light problem.
Is a possibility to repair receiver without jtag?

So, if you want to help people to solve their problems with hardware, what is the reason to do not allow them download necessary information? after that download I will have a lot of questions and will post more then 5 posts.

Back