Jail for dad who killed baby

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A man who killed his 16-month-old daughter by snapping her spine in a "chilling and brutal attack" following months of abuse was told that he must spend at least 22 years in prison. Skip related content

1278244062-father-snapped-daughter-s-spine.jpg

James Howson, 25, of Nelson Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, was given a life sentence at Leeds Crown Court for the murder of little Amy Howson by a judge who imposed a 22-year minimum term.

Amy's mother, Tina Hunt, was given a 12-month suspended sentence after admitting allowing the death of a child and child cruelty. Howson was found guilty of murder by a jury earlier this week.

Sentencing him, the judge, Mrs Justice Cox, recounted how the defendant placed his daughter over his knee or other object and broke her back at their home while he was looking after her. He then sat with her body until the morning.

The judge said: "This was, in my view, a chilling and brutal attack.

"The bone was completely dislocated, resulting in spinal shock, rapid unconsciousness - mercifully - and to death."

She went on: "The jury was satisfied, on the clearest of evidence, that it was you who deliberately inflicted truly horrific injuries upon your defenceless little daughter, Amy, from which she died within a few hours."

The judge also detailed the other occasions in the weeks leading up to the murder in December last year when Howson "cruelly and deliberately assaulted Amy", leaving her with multiple fractures to her arms and legs.

Howson showed no emotion as he was led from the dock.

The judge said to him: "I have not seen the slightest evidence of remorse from you for what you did."

source: Jail for dad who killed baby - Yahoo! News UK

i hope he drops the soap in prison and gets what he deserves in there, evil child killer.

I felt so sick reading that. And if he had assaulted her weeks before causing fractures, why was nothing done then?

There are so many things in this world I just don't understand. I guess some people just aren'tr human despite their appearances.

Jail is too good for that w@nker, stick him in a room with me for 30 mins, i would like nothing more than to rip the coont to bits.

i hope the cnut dies a horrible slow death.

I hope he gets a severe kicking every day he is inside then done in on his last day of his sentance. Evil scum

you know when you read stuff and it kinda don't sink in, you think you've read and seen it all...and then some thing like this comes along and takes your breath away.....shocked at this

Bring back the death penalty!

This bastard wont be put in with all the other inmates, thats the sad thing.
I agree bring back the death penalty.

This bastard wont be put in with all the other inmates, thats the sad thing.
I agree bring back the death penalty.

IMO the death penalty is the easy way out. you want him to suffer.

i say stick him in the yard outside then send his inmates in. that way he will suffer and not get away with it.

just watched this on news and said how social services tried to visit several times before but were refused access to see her and did nothing, I THINK HEADS SHOULD ROLL :Angryfire, could they not have gone got a copper and forced entry or something?? and the mum had the nerve to say she didnt know anything, lying bitch

also agree that this b4$tard needs to suffer

He'll have his own cell, a TV, video games, books, magazines and three square meals a day. Hardly punishing is it? People on the street have it tougher.

sick b***ard, I will never understand how anyone could be so cruel to a defenceless child. He is subhuman scum.

thebigman

22 years sentence? how come the torturers and killers of baby p are only going to get about half that.

allowing the death of a child and child cruelty= 12 month suspended sentence= bloody joke

Back