DVB - PC Cards J-Card

wonko

Inactive User
Reaction score
okay - been at this for about 2 hrs now with no joy

got an icecrypt cam and duolabs cas 2+ and trying to flash with joker

duolabs give some fairly vague instructions about inserting the j-card into the cam and hoping it will connect - exactly what are we trying to connect to? on a physical level I mean - presumably there are points inside the cam which are what we are looking for?

tbh the whole experience simply re-enforces my opinion of duolabs - "put this bit of metal into the middle of these electronics and waggle it about a bit until something happens - and if the soemthign that happens is it blows up it aint our fault" - mickey mouse!!

so any help, advice etc? - including where to buy a really large hammer if this dont do something "interesting" soon

still not working - prized open the lid of the cam a bit and I can now see where it's supposed to make the connections - it just doesnt work - so either my S/H icecrypt is faulty or my S/H cas 2+ is as far as I can see

unless anyone else has any idea's

still not working - prized open the lid of the cam a bit and I can now see where it's supposed to make the connections - it just doesnt work - so either my S/H icecrypt is faulty or my S/H cas 2+ is as far as I can see

unless anyone else has any idea's

use this attached method

View attachment 36899

once the card is in place squeeze down hard on the cam where the j-card is and hopefully u should get the green light. keep squeezing during the flash.....

what icecrypt u got white. black?

I have been - it never connects

white icecrypt

I have been - it never connects

white icecrypt

it's wierd but my white icecrypt went green first attempt where my blue zeta took an age...can't give u much more help except keep trying.....if all else fails & u think ur cas2+ is the fault u can post the cam to me and i could give it a go in mine.....

I suspect from the sellers attitude when I mentioned I was having issues that the cam is faulty and he knows it - any attempt to use with anything other than a viaaccess card invalidates any warrenty blah blah- no attempt to help - just told me where to go

however until I get my floppydtv I have no independent way of checking the cam

I suspect from the sellers attitude when I mentioned I was having issues that the cam is faulty and he knows it - any attempt to use with anything other than a viaaccess card invalidates any warrenty blah blah- no attempt to help - just told me where to go

however until I get my floppydtv I have no independent way of checking the cam

you should read the firmware on ur cam in cas studio - utilities - common interface host - and u should be able to see a list there including viaaccess, irdeto etc

cheers

doesnt work - "ci module not installed" - this could be a problem with the cam or it could from what I read be a problem with cas studio versions past 7.8 - still trying to obtain an ealier copy - earliest I can find is 7.9 so far lol

do I assume from what u r saying that the j-card isnt required for this?

do I assume from what u r saying that the j-card isnt required for this?

earler versions will only tell u to upgrade to latest version 8.3a, the ci host should act the same as a ci interface on ur dvb-card when it comes....no j card required, my cam is seen using this version.

not if u alter the system clock lol
according to what I read they broke the ci host when they went from version 7.8 to 7.9 on some card types - nothing I have read has indicated they fixed it - it was a line of enquiry to see if I could get some life lol - but if you are using the same kit on the current version with the same type of cam and it works then it should on mine - and it doesnt

which still leaves me none the wiser atm as to wether it's the cam or the cas2+ lol - but definately even more convinced somethings broken - it aint just me being thick lol

Line up the little connectors on the Jcard with the gold points on the CAM (prize it open a bit to see where you're connecting). It helps if you push the Jcard in about 1cm further than it should go (lift the little lip of the circuit board up over the edge of the CAM), and squeeze the CAM HARD! You have to squeeze it very hard, a little harder than I was initially comfortable with. Persevere, it takes a lot of trial and effort, I thought one of my Zetas was busted too but I eventually got it working. (Also, try erasing the CAM before flashing it, seems to make things easier)

lol - those pics confirm little things like I had everything the right way up - thast exactly how I have it setup apart from the fact that my light stays red lol

tbh given what I have been told regarding the ci host I am definately of the opinion that something is broken - as from whats been said that should work regardless - and it doesnt

I have gently prised the cam lid up a bit - thats how I established whats duolabs rather wierd proceedure was trying to accomplish - I cant see how I could apply more force without bending the cam, but have gone upto that point simply coz I think it's probably bust

if when I get my floppydtv it emerges the cam is ok then I will definately take you up on the offer of reprogramming it - but atm it looks like I should have just gone for a more expensive cam straight off that didnt require this mucking about lol

Do you only have to JTag it with the CAS2+ ? (I didn't have to with my CAM, that's all)

I have a CAS3+ if you'd like me to try, although I've never done an icecrypt...

i have a cas 2+ and an icecrypt black and mines the same.ive bin trying for 3 weeks now and i still cant get it to connect..been looking into getting a diablo.

tbh I dont know if a cas3 needs the jcard - I suspect it does as it's in the cas3 manual

hopefully in the next week or so I should get my dvb-c card and will be able to tell if the cam is working or not - if it is then I will conclude the cas2 is faulty and be after someone to reprogram the cam lol - if it isnt working then I'll just have to get another 1 I suppose

i have a cas 2+ and an icecrypt black and mines the same.ive bin trying for 3 weeks now and i still cant get it to connect..been looking into getting a diablo.
does yours work with the ci host tho m8?

on cas studio when i click utilities it says cam initializing then it says "ci module not installed" ..dont know wtfs up with it

i tried the cam in my ci with a tt1500 and nothing happens,its as if its not in the ci module..but if i put it into my cas 2+it says the serial number of the cam at the bottom of cas studio..fook nos wot it is.i might give up and stick to a softcam unless i get a diablo

Back