Itv not showing epg on commando 14.6

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys for some reason my epg has vanished on itv and itv +1. I've tried Anglia Central and London regions but although the channels are showing , there is no epg. Any ideas , Anglia is my region BTW

I believe the issue is to do with how the ITVs are not separate anymore. I am sure Al will correct me.

Perhaps now is a good time to go to 14.7? Make sure you read the online update thread too.

Crikey, Charlie, you're a bit out of touch with the Commando DM500 scene, aren't you? Save anything personal from your C14.6 image and whack C14.7 on sharpish!

As Abu says, DO read the online update threads in order to get past the first little hurdle.

Look forward to reading your feedback. Cheers- AL :)

Lol Al. The 14.6 image is such a cracker I didn't really feel the need to upgrade. A friend has borrowed my 232 cable so it looks like I'm going to have to get it back and flash the 14.7 image. I'll try and do it on Saturday and let you know how I get on but I'm sure it's going be superb.
cheers charlie

You don't need that cable.

You can ftp the new image to the tmp directory and upgrade through the remote. Back up your cams configs etc first though.

Charlie- then you are deffo well out of touch if you think you need a null-modem cable and DreamUP in order to upgrade C14.6 to C14.7 PMSL!

You just unrar the release package and FTP the 7.75MB .img file to the /tmp folder on your C14.6 box.

Then Menu > Services > BLUE > GREEN

Highlight the image, and press OK then RED for YES of course I'm bloody sure!

Job done! Well, the first bit at least... Back out of the bootup invite to Set My Location and txfr your special stuff across (if applicable)

Head for Menu > Utilities > Online Updates and press OK

After about 15 secs, it'll tell you you're all updated. It's a lieing toe rag! DELETE /var/etc/version and then REPEAT the update process. After a couple of minutes you'll be cooking on gas! (This is a one-off step that won't need to be repeated in future)

NOW Set your Location, and then run AutoBouquets when it asks you to. Kiss goodbye to ITV EPG problems! Welcome to C14.7 updated to Saturday 6th April 2013 woo!

Image date will say 3rd April, which was the last root reflash of SquashFS.

Cheers- AL :)

bugger! Abu beat me to it

Al, Would it may be an idea to uplaod a version which people do not have to fuff about with deleting the version file?

Lol Al. The 14.6 image is such a cracker I didn't really feel the need to upgrade. A friend has borrowed my 232 cable so it looks like I'm going to have to get it back and flash the 14.7 image. I'll try and do it on Saturday and let you know how I get on but I'm sure it's going be superb.
cheers charlie

just drag the image into temp m8 and do an update

Cheers guys I'll do that tomorrow then. Got a snooker match to play tonight so won't get time. Ididn't realise you could update the dreambox the same as the duo but I'm enlightened now lol.
thanks guys

Al, Would it may be an idea to uplaod a version which people do not have to fuff about with deleting the version file?

Abu- yes we thought long and hard about this, once we realized there was an Achilles Heel in the very script that handles online updates, a section in the r/o squashfs file /etc/init.d/rCS file that handles the conditional existence of a /var/etc/install.tar file.

That code had been in since 14.5 days, I think, but had never fell over, coz it was never actually used in posted update patches up till C14.7 release late Jan. So it was just copied in as 'trusted' code, which you would trust, if I told you its source!

Decision was taken to do it in this way, rather than a rushed (and embarrassing) re-release. Maybe wrong choice in hindsight, but peeps are learning from it, and getting a bit more confidence out of being made to do summat manual with the image initially, I think? Christ, there's enough readmes to help them through it!

Delete one file. Repeat update process. Job done forerver. Future updates no problem.

We made our bed, so we'll lay in it...

Cheers- AL ;)

Well I've had 14.7 on for a week now and got to say I'm loving it. It was a doddle to install and also very interesting to watch it set itself up !
Love the new tweaks like the utilities and new autobouquets AND having my Itv channel back lol.
one thing I did notice was I set a timer up to run autobouquets now at 5 am and a timer to run getepg at 5.20 and when I got up in the morning itv had gone completely !

I just ran the autobouquets again and it came back so I deleted the timer for it and it's been fine since.
Another cracking image well done guys

Back