Is this the method i need to use to chip my Pace 2000 Box?

G

gaz_0001

Hi,

I have been reading (and posting) a lot on this site recently, just trying to make sure that if i do attempt to chip my first NTL box i do not C*ck it up!!

This is what i have learnt so far. Could you advise me if this is correct and if not where i am going wrong. This might be quite lenghtly, sorry to bore you all!!

First thing is to obtain a box. I am going to get a pace 2000 as that is the same model as the one downstairs and it already has the RS232 socket. I need to make sure that the box comes with the origianl smartcard and if it is a Rom10 then i have to steer clear of A3C and if it is ROM11 then i have to steer clear of REVB08 or higher.

I then have to Cut the Talk Back, which you have already provided me pictures of where to cut (I just rip the cover off, pull of the tuner, then cut one track)

Next, i need to program the new Net ID. I beleive that the one for Stockport is 41066 666.750 (I would appreciate it if someone could possibly confirm this for me). To program the ID i need to Download Libdebug, and try and find the config file for a 2000 model (Does anyone know where i can locate this config file??) then i connect the Box to the PC run Libby and update the Net Id - i also need to erase the pin if it shows as **** in the eng. menu.

Now i need to set the default frequency. This is something that i an not too sure how to find out. I know that to change it i have to go into the eng. menu but i am not too sure what it will be in my area, can i just acceess the subbed box downstair and set it the same as that one??

Now to program the card. I get myself a Pheonix programmer. The best and cheapest one i can find is from w*w.satstore.c*m, and is Smartmouse Micro 3.68
but switchable 3.68 / 6Mhz £24.68 and get the RS232 to RS232 9 pin lead for 1.99. Once i have got my equiptment, i need to download NAGRAEDIT 4.0 and Rom Studio 1.6. I need to open up Nagraedit and save the original card file just in case things go wrong. Then i can download a card image of the internet, do i need a NTL car image or an NTL (ex C & W), i dont know, how can i check??Once i load the downloaded card image onto the Card, i have to change the the BK and the IRD, which i obtained when i put my card into the programmer at first. I also need to make up a 8 digit CAM ID, but it does not matter what numbers i use here.

Whilst im in here i might aswell amend the expiry dates. I need to go into Tier 8 and it shows Modification Date, Begin Date, Expire Date, and Rights Date. The dates are coded in computer language so i use Nagra Date converter to check and ameng then. Do i only need to change Begn date, expire date and rights date?? Which ones to i have to change, and does it matter what i change them to?? i.e does the start date have to be a year before the expiry date and does the rights date have to be tthe same as the expiry date??

Now i have to do the EMM Mod to stop them from locking the card. I m still in NAGRAEDIT and i go to 7, decrypt keys.

There may be a few 07, decrypt key tiers, i need to find one which does not have 55 3F, 5B 3F,or 5D 3F in "Key Set Numbers". I then need to change a couple of numbers in EMM Decypt Key, dut it does not matter which ones. Now that the card has been modified we just need t o load it onto the NTL smart card. This should be the smart card chipped now.

I am right in thinking that i do not have to update the keys when NTL change them? Is this just for fun cards but if you chip the NTL smart card then it auto updates itself??

Then i split the cable feed from downstairs so that i have one connected downstairs and one connected up stairs, plug in scart, put card in, power it up and off it goes. The middle LED should keep flashing, which means that the Talk Back was properly disabled.

Right people, im am sorry if i have bored you and i hope that everything is ok here. This has turned into a bit of an essay. I would appreciate it if you could all help me out here, let me know if things are correct, and there are a few questions in there also about things that i am a little unsure of.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

green for go and yes it is too long and boring.

rom10 ac3 can now be opened,

rom11 up to b09 can also be opened,

for a first timer i would recomend minisdk for £25 from

http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/minisdk.htm

minisdk no good for opening rom11 but you can also get a phoenix 2.1 for £13 that will open them

as i said earlier green for go, you looked to have done quite a bit of research which will pay off and iam sure you will manage.

best of luck

regards

joe

bye the way any progs you cant get pm me and i will pass on.

Well researched gaz nice one m8, just remember and for reference, when you do the EMM mod only alter bytes in the decrypt keys in tier 7 if the key set numbers are 5A 3F, 5C 3F, 54 3F, Anything else leave alone and select another tier 7 otherwise you will screw up your ppv ;)

Ive managed to source myself a DNASPOIO Rev A3C-CA, and ive just learnt how to unlock the A3C cards, thanks to the forum.

What i need now is the equiptment. I need a programmer that will program the ROM10 card, and the connection from the ROM Card programmer to the PC (Serial to Serial?), the connection from the box to the pc (to change net id, and is this the same lead that connects the PC to the programmer?) and will i need a power source for the programmer??

Is there a one stop shop for this equiptment so that i can save on postage??

Is the quiptment that i mention at the top of the page going to be able to do all of this??

w*w.satstore.c*m, and is Smartmouse Micro 3.68 but switchable 3.68 / 6Mhz £24.68 and get the RS232 to RS232 9 pin lead for 1.99.

I would appreciate it if one of you guys could check this out for me and i promise i will stop flooding the forums soon!!!!!

Cheers

Hi,

I currently have a chipped NTL Box with a fun card. Is is possile for me to purchase another box with a paired smart card and use my existing funcard programe and copy it directly onto another one? Would this matter if my stb were different models?

thanks.

Back